November 25, 2017, 12:41:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accident at the Glen  (Read 576 times)
Vivian
« on: August 12, 2008, 08:51:10 PM »

Surprised no one has mentioned that horrid accident at the Glen.  First of all, I was happy to see the report that after Bobby Labonte was transported he was then released with no bad injuries.  Was glad to see everyone walk away.

I have replayed the incident in slow motion several times and it always looks the same to me as far as who caused it.  However, on TWIN Monday, Mikey blamed everything on David G rather than his driver and I totally disagree with that.  It was also called a racing incident by several other people on other shows and channels. 

Mikey also said that Mike Skinner was going to be driving the 00 car so he can help McDowell become a better driver.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 12:09:17 PM »

Surprised no one has mentioned that horrid accident at the Glen.  First of all, I was happy to see the report that after Bobby Labonte was transported he was then released with no bad injuries. 

Actually I mentioned in another post on Monday.   Wink

I don't watch the Monday night show anymore, but I'm not surprised MW would blame someone else.  As I told Lou at the time of the wreck, David Gilliland seems to always be in the wrong place/wrong time and gets blamed when 75% of the time, it is not his fault.  IMHO, the other driver caused it this time as well.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 12:14:35 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 05:13:24 PM »

I also believe that McDowell caused the accident and am also convinced that the accident was the final straw in terms of removing McDowell from the car.

Let's see if Mike Skinner can turn around the #00 team the same way he did the #84 team.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 08:01:13 PM »

Cheryl wrote:

Actually I mentioned in another post on Monday.

I did catch the remark about the red flag on the Rate the Broadcast post, but didn't see anything else posted so thought I should post my remarks under Race Talk.

Sorry... Embarrassed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: