November 20, 2017, 10:31:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great to See Marcos Finally Win!  (Read 596 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: August 11, 2008, 12:46:54 PM »

I really only saw a tiny bit of the Busch race from Watkins Glen on Saturday.  I had it on TV, but after about 15 minutes, it was putting me to sleep, so I went outside to socialize with our friends at the campground at South Boston.

I did come back in just as Marcos was celebrating in Victory Lane, so that's cool.  Guess all the whackers ran out of gas... Cheesy  But it was still good to see a truly nice guy finally get to Victory Lane.

I tell ya three road course races in a row is really boring IMHO...There was a time in the late 80s/early 90s when I really looked forward to the road course, but now they are nothing but a parade waiting for a gas mileage win.   Roll Eyes

I do hope Bobby Labonte is okay after taking that hard hit in the Cup race yesterday. 

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 03:05:40 PM »

I was happy to see Marcos do so well also. He was driving for the Wood brothers yesterday, but who was the owner of the car he drove in the Busch race?

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 03:09:26 PM »

I was happy to see Marcos do so well also. He was driving for the Wood brothers yesterday, but who was the owner of the car he drove in the Busch race?

It was that Todd Desheckter (sp?) team which Brad Daughtery has bought into recently I believe. 

Also, I'm  pretty sure that is the first win for that team which has been around for several years.  Stacey Compton ran the #59, Kingsford car for many years for them, but never got to victory lane.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 06:14:52 PM »

That couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, as they say. Smiley

I have admired how Marcos gave up a very successful career in Australia for the challenge of NASCAR racing, and how hard he has worked both on and off the track since he has arrived.

By the way, the co-owners' names are Tad and Jodi Geschickter.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 12:26:35 AM »

I enjoyed seeing Marcos win.  He deserved it.

And to finish third in the Cup race in the Wood Brothers car was really fantastic!  Way to go, Marcos!
shawn
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 05:30:10 PM »

Nice to see him win and its even better to see a nationwide regular win a race.  Also, that a good run he gave the Wood Brothers car, coming from 43rd to 3rd.

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 05:15:29 PM »

Oh yeah, that's right, third in the Cup race too! Smiley

That's the best comeback there since Ron Fellows went from 43rd to 2nd in 2004, losing only to Tony Stewart.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: