November 17, 2017, 10:18:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hot Pass Free Preview  (Read 1039 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 01, 2008, 03:06:55 PM »

Just got information on this in my monthly email from DirecTV.  For those of you with DirecTV, there will be another free preview during the Pepsi 400 on Saturday.  Here's what was in the email:

"NASCAR HotPass™ Preview
Only on DIRECTV
Experience a NASCAR HotPass™ FREE Preview on 7/5. Chs. 790-799"

Now if I can only remember to record one of the HD channels on the other DVR this time.   Roll Eyes  During the Daytona 500, I recorded the SD version and then kept complaining about how it wasn't HD.  Duh...

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 06:13:22 PM »

Here's hoping Darrell Waltrip doesn't come back so that we can be spared BBB.  That was the case at last year's 400-mile free preview, and it was on all channels.[throw up]

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 12:52:51 PM »

Here's a little more information I found on an A/V forum:

NASCAR HOTPASS will be free this Saturday to all customers in both SD and HD.

Channel range is 790-799 for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series 400 at Daytona International Speedway.

The four featured drivers this week are:

Jeff Burton
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Jeff Gordon
Kevin Harvick

Don't forget on channels 794 and 799 are an additional 13 audio options for 13 additional drivers. Fans can vote for those drivers now at directv.com/hotpass.

The Half Season offer has also started at $69....three payments of $23 for those interested in the remainder of the NASCAR season.

Cheryl
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 09:29:54 PM »

Did anybody besides us take advantage of the free preview? 

We would flip to it from time to time (normally when TNT was doing their on-screen commercials).  We mostly watched/listened to Harvick, Gordon and Earnhardt (Burton doesn't say very much).  I ended up leaving it on Gordon's channel for about the last hour and went back to the regular broadcast.  If TNT had the LOUD commercial sound, I'd just flip the stereo over to the other tuner and listen to the car noises from Jeff's audio (he doesn't talk a whole lot either). 

So we had about an hour in the buffer on the DVR after the race was over, so we did go back and listen to some of the stuff that was said after he lost the lead and got wrecked.  It was interesting how he chastised himself for making the wrong decision to go with the high line.  Yet, his spotter said something like "top line coming fast" and I think that is part of why he pulled in front of Kenseth.

When he wrecked, he only said "I knew somebody was going to hit me..."  Funniest thing was when he was limping back around to the pits on the last lap, his crew chief or spotter asked if he could make it and he said "I'm a lot better since I got rid of that fender..." right after the left front sheet metal flew off the car.  It was funny that he could be that lighthearted after what happened.

As to the dedicated announcers for Hot Pass, I don't care for them much - can't deal with the partisan attitude that they have to show.  It's all "we are having a good run" etc. 

Anyway, just wondered if anyone else with DirecTV watched or recorded any of the channels for this race.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 05:00:05 PM »

Sorry.  I was not home and cannot comment.  Because of the Wide Open coverage, I would have watched little of it anyway.

Did DW appear on one of the channels?  I'm still awaiting the answer.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 05:14:05 PM »

He was not a commentator for any of the four teams covered.  As to him being there to ruin the start of the race as he did last year, I don't know.  We watched the TNT broadcast for the start and quite a while afterwards. 

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: