November 18, 2017, 02:59:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ambrose Moving to Cup Next Season  (Read 532 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 16, 2008, 11:56:10 AM »

From Jayski:

"Nationwide Series racer Marcos Ambrose will become a full-time Sprint Cup driver next season, thanks to a new partnership former NBA player Brad Daugherty has with JTG Racing. Daugherty, now a NASCAR analyst for ESPN, has become a part-owner of JTG Racing. The team will be renamed JTG Daugherty Racing. It will continue to field two Nationwide Series entries, but add a full-time Sprint Cup entry next year with Ambrose at the wheel. "I have a tremendous passion for racing," Daugherty said Tuesday. "This gives me another avenue to be involved in the sport. It's a big stake to do this at the Cup level, and I hope it opens doors in the sport for other minorities and women." Little Debbie snack cakes will sponsor the car, which will use #47.(ESPN.com)(7-16-2008)"

I'm glad for the opportunity for Marcos, but I don't really think he is ready for Cup, nor is that team.  Also, I have nothing against Brad Daugherty, but I absolutely don't think any of the TV crew should have ownership interests in race teams.  We've seem how totally biased this has made the Waltrips, but hopefully Brad will be much more objective.

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 02:45:30 PM »

I think it's going to be an uphill battle for them, too.  Being a Cup team owner may give Brad Daugherty some credibility on TV.  Until now, he's been more a fan expressing his opinions from the outside....a function that any of us here could perform, no? Grin

Sally
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 03:39:51 PM »

YES!

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 05:19:26 PM »

I think it's going to be an uphill battle for them, too.

Absolutely!  This is a team that must start from scratch in the points.  And if Ambrose fails to make even a good percentage of the races next year, bad things could happen quickly.  Remember Jeremy Mayfield in the #36 car?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: