November 21, 2017, 01:19:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Commercial Count from Daytona  (Read 779 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 08, 2008, 12:41:44 PM »

According to Cheryl Walker of Cawsnjaws, out 179 minutes of the actual race on Saturday night, 50 minutes were used for voice promos by Weber, on-screen commercials and actual "hard breaks."  That doesn't sound like much more than we have other weeks, but it sure seemed like a bit more to me.  Perhaps, because they were returning from hard break for the same things (like that stupid movie) and then there would be a voice promo and and on-screen break for the same ad.  More info on broadcast can be found here:

http://www.cawsnjaws.com/article/398/moment-by-moment-breakdown-of-tnts-wide-open-coverage-of-the-coke-zero-400

As to actual full-screen commercials away from the race, there were only 17 minutes of those, which is great!

Cheryl
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 12:49:47 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 05:49:13 PM »

Which "stupid movie"?  Journey to the Center of the Earth or The Dark Knight?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 08:30:14 PM »

Which "stupid movie"?  Journey to the Center of the Earth or The Dark Knight?

Both...

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 08:46:45 PM »

I found my attention to commercials vs the wide open coverage of seeing most all of the racing, except for local station breaks, was about 50-50.  I was able to concentrate on the racing without sound for about 50% of the time.  I remember the info at the bottom of the screen and some of the actual small pictures of the ads, but it was amazing that I could block them out quite often
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 05:02:33 PM »

I also ignored most of the ads, but the Subway one was great!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: