November 22, 2017, 11:50:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Compromising  (Read 1665 times)
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 04:57:59 PM »

Vivian, Cheryl, I hope you don't mind our getting off track so much in this thread.

Doesn't bother me a bit!  That's what "chit-chat" is for.   Smiley  I just like to keep the "rating" threads more focused. 

Cheryl

Well, in that case, let's talk about old trucks!!! Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 06:20:32 PM »

Congratulations on those who are working to save the abandoned horses!  Those are certainly things I wouldn't give up for anything. Smiley

I don't own any horses, but there is an equestrian center near where I live.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 03:53:57 AM »

Sally, congratulations!  I'm sure there wasn't any goosebumps (on the horse) Grin  That first show is always a butt puckering experience.  I could never envision five years without a horse but glad you made it back to the good side:)

Sorta funny, we had five "tweens" running around the house this morning talking horses as they had snacks and my wife suggested we were too old for this.  I thought a moment and realized....yep...without these kids; we probably would be.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
sally
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 10:42:23 AM »

Cheesy
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 03:38:04 PM »

James, I hear what you are saying!
 One of the neater things we did with the horses was to breed our first mare, an Appaloosa. She had a beautiful foal, and he was a hoot. We ended up selling them both, a decision which I sorta regret. Anyhow, the colt was a lot of fun for the 4 months we had him.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: