November 19, 2017, 07:51:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zippidelli Has an Out if Stewart Leaves  (Read 553 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: June 18, 2008, 03:10:39 PM »

From Jayski:

"#20 crew chief, Greg Zipadelli insists he doesn't know what Tony Stewart will decide about his future, which, according to his contract, should include at least another year at JGR. But Zipadelli believes a decision is all but made and sounds like a man resigned to a split. "I truly have tried not to get wrapped up in that, questioning about the unknown in my mind,'' he said. "When that comes, I'll worry about that. Right now, I need to worry about me, my guys, my family and this race team and being in the top 12 in points.'' Should Stewart leave, Zipadelli could go with him and extend the longest crew chief-driver reign in Cup. The long-term extension he signed with JGR last season has outs in it if Stewart is not with the organization. But Zipadelli doesn't sound like a man seeking to start over as Stewart would be doing to some degree if he joined a fledgling race team such as Haas. He is happy at JGR and enjoys the security the company offers him and his family, which expanded by one this past Wednesday with the birth of his second son and third child.(ESPN.com)(6-18-2008)"

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 04:50:35 PM »

I am not surprised that Greg will be allowed to join Tony if the driver leaves.  They both know the importance of teamwork and chemistry, and that's why they have succeeded all these years together. Smiley

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 05:28:32 PM »

Greg seems like one of the true fine folks involved in Nascar. He could crew chief for my team anytime.

I wonder how he is financially, in that I think that a lot of these guys have some options available to them now that were not there years ago, simply because they have some money, not like the drivers, but still a pretty good sum. I reckon ole Zippy will do all right.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: