December 15, 2017, 09:05:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prelude to the Dream. Warning- no winner announced here  (Read 924 times)
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« on: June 05, 2008, 07:18:43 AM »

i know cheryl is soooo against any type of PPV, but in light of the price of gas, very bad weather in the area of the track most of the morning, i could not find a good reason to drive to eldora. after seeing the broadcast, i wish i had. it was the FOX crew that did the race. add kyle petty. and some kid named ford. he was the highlight of the show. i think at some point, mike joy had wished that dw did not come back in the booth after his ride along with the kid...
 the four way split of incar cams?? what the hell was that about. and to show them all at the same time?? you saw the face of the four drivers. that's all, nothing else.
and a lap ticker that no way in the world matched the actual lap count after the first lap it seemed. and the booth did not know how many laps the heat races even were.
tony pledged ONE MILLION DOLLARS to the victory junction gang camps. 
the drivers who partook in the event were having the time of thier lives. schrader was on his 4th race of the week. and when they introduced red farmer as the driver with over 50 years experience, he was looking around to see who they were talking about. it was a priceless moment. richard petty says red farmer was old when HE started racing. now that was funny.

anywho, great feature race. great charity.

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 02:16:51 PM »

Yep, I agree  :laugh:with all of the above, except that I got to bed a lot earlier than if we had gone to the track.

My friends were giving me a bad time because I was complaining about DW so much. The kid, Ford Martin, was great. He is some crew chief's son, I think they said,....

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 03:12:12 PM »

Actually, Ken, I'm not against PPV in general; just not for something I'm not really interested in at all.   angel

Besides the fact, we have been without power here since about 7:30 last night.  So it would've truly been a waste of money last night.   laugh

We are still without power and Baltimore Gas & Electric predict we may not have it until 6pm Friday night.  Ugh...Thankfully our camper generator supplies a bit of power for the fridge and FIOS. 

Also, a good thing I didn't have the chat last night.  You guys would've wondered what happened to us if the power cut out right in the middle.  Or else, you would've run amounk without "adult supervision."   laugh

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 03:42:52 PM »

sucks about the power outage. especially with temps in the upper 80's to mid 90's this weekend in out little corner of the world.
try to stay cool

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 06:06:03 PM »

Unlike last year, this year I chose not to buy the pay-per-view this year.  I explained the reason elsewhere in this forum.  Please let me know when SPEED shows the re-air.

I am happy to see that the race went on as scheduled.  I had heard a lot about the prospect of bad weather.

Cheryl and Lou, I am glad to know that you are safe.  I don't know how bad it was elsewhere, other than the report of a tornado in Fredericksburg, VA.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 08:44:46 PM »

We only had really bad thunderstorms yesterday and last night (thankfully). There were many houses damaged by what they think is a tornado in Chesapeake Beach, MD which is about an hour south of us.  Also lots of fallen trees on houses and cars and downed power lines in Severna Park, which is not far from us.  I'm sure that's why we are still without power after all this time.  I just had to drive through blinding rain as I came home from work last night, but thankfully only that and lots of lightening for us.

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 03:20:04 PM »

You know, were it not for the DW baloney, I would feel real good about the "value" of the PPV in this case.
If, say, 4 of us had gone, the tickets would have been $80 to $100, and, coservatively, the gas would have cost us $40 to $50, so $25 for the PPV seems like a good deal to me. I really enjoy the absence of commercials, especially the lousy promo stuff about this or that upcoming show on the network.

So, it gives us a chance to have a nice, relatively quiet, old race fan party!!! Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: