November 22, 2017, 08:28:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truck Race Delayed AGAIN!!  (Read 997 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: May 29, 2008, 03:48:57 PM »

I'm not really sure why SPEED is delaying the truck race tomorrow until 8:30 eastern.  They did this last year as well.   Angry  It's just stupid! 

Thankfully, I just checked Trackpass and they show MRN broadcasting it live on there, so anyone with Sirius radio or Trackpass can hear the race live.  I'm sure since it's a companion event, Mikey will be on the SPEED broadcast and I think I'd rather listen to the radio broadcast instead of having to suffer through his manic announcing.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 05:10:21 PM »

And what will SPEED Channel air in late afternoon, instead of possible live NCTS coverage from Dover?

(All times Eastern)
*4:30 p.m. - Chop Cut Rebuild
*5:00 p.m. - Monster Jam
*6:00 p.m. - Unique Whips (Kevin Harvick)
*7:00 p.m. - Trackside

In other words, there appears to be no good excuse - except higher TV ratings, of course.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 01:20:14 AM »

Yea higher ratings but what are most people doing at 5:00? Probably driving home from work or sitting down to dinner.
  Truckseries.com shows the TV start time as 7:30.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 12:47:04 PM »

I got my information from my Tivo guide, but I just checked the Speedtv site and they list the pre-race show at 8 and the race at 8:30.

I guess I'm just weird that I want a race shown live regardless...that way even if I wasn't home from work yet, I could watch it on my terms by recording it and ff'ing through all the commercials.

They're doing the same thing with the ARCA race from Pocono next week.  It's being shown at 10:00 p.m. Saturday night.  So what's their excuse for that when the race is run on Saturday afternoon with folks are home.  AND with that late timeslot, they're going up against the Camping World West race which is being shown live on HDNet at 9:30 next Saturday.  I know only a niche group has HDNet, but I'm always going to choose a live race over a taped one.

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 02:54:15 PM »

very few arca races are shown live. most are taped delayed as they are usually run the same time as qualifying or a truck race.
ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 12:42:12 AM »

What genius scheduled Saturday nights races? Both the ARCA and IRL races are taped delayed until 10 P.M. I guess ARCA loses or better yet I get some sleep so I'll be rested for Sunday's Camping World East Race at The Glen. It's a shame I may miss the IRL race, Texas is alway exciting.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 07:53:14 PM »

There's also a Busch West race LIVE tonight on HDnet at 9:30 from Colorado National Speedway.  Thanks for reminding me!  That might be more entertaining than ARCA actually...

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: