November 18, 2017, 03:00:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MATT WINS!!!!  (Read 469 times)
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« on: May 18, 2008, 06:02:59 PM »

it was a big weekend for us here in ohio as matt crafton got his first craftsman truck series win at charlotte and charlie schultz brought home a win in msa competition at lorain county speedway. for those who follow late model racing here in the midwest, the name tim ice is a very familiar one. he drove the second car for us this week and brought along some friends and family to cheer him on for his rookie ride in a supermodified. Legendary chassis builder, ed howe made the trip from beaverton, mi to see tim's debut. if any of you are going to be at the truck race this weekend at mansfield, look for me at the ISMA display on the midway most of the day on friday and before and after the race on saturday.

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 01:27:31 AM »

Thanks a lot, Ken!  You spoiled it for me.   Wink  Of course, no one would expect you not to celebrate or post about the results two days later.  Lou and I are just WAY behind on race watching.  We were in Hickory, NC for a wedding this weekend.  Just got home and caught the Camping World race from Iowa on HDnet, so just finished watching that. 

We had a long drive and evening Friday in Hickory, so fell asleep about 25 laps into the truck race.  Somehow we avoided hearing who won and I wasn't sure if I was going to watch it on Tivo tonight or not.  I didn't read all of your post so as not to "spoil" it all, but will go back and watch at least the end now.  Glad to see Matt finally get a win and glad to hear it was a truck "regular" and not a whacker or even former Cup driver.  Congrats! 

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 03:04:32 PM »

I was glad to see that Matt won too.
Wish I could be up there to see the race at Mansfield, but this weekend is always a busy one for me.
Might even get my truck to a show. Smiley

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 05:25:39 PM »

And it only took Matt Crafton 178 races. Wink

Anyway, because Ken has worked with ThorSport in the past, we feel like Matt is one of our own, even in a small way. Smiley

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: