November 19, 2017, 05:13:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All-Star Race?  (Read 782 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: May 19, 2008, 01:26:08 PM »

From the 25 laps we saw and TV saying there were no cautions in any of the 4 segments, it sounded like a real snorefest.  I watched about five minutes of Victory Lane just wanting to see how Allmendinger and Hornish advanced from the Open, but they didn't show anything but them crossing the finish line.  Was that race any better?  I Tivoed the entire broadcast, but don't know if it's even worth it to waste the time watching even the Open. 

Also, did Kahne really win the fan vote?  If so, I guess the Allstate Stalkers did a better job stuffing the ballot box for him that the AMP Nation doing it for Sadler.   laugh  Seriously, I think Kahne deserved to be in the race more than a lot of the others who might've been voted.  JMHO...

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 05:22:46 PM »

This was the most boring all-star race I have ever seen.  SPEED's weeklong coverage and accompanying "highlight reel" made me so excited about last Saturday night and only added to my level of disappointment. Sad

Then again, this was the first time for the COT, I sort of expected that.  It became what I feared it would be - a 140-lap test session.  The only time the competition changed was at the end of segments and also when the #18 and #11 engines expired (because Joe Gibbs Racing was "experimenting").
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 04:51:16 PM by Desmond » Logged

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Steve
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 04:35:46 AM »

I also have the whole race recorded and have no desire to watch it. Oh well, on to the 600 next weekend.
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 08:11:31 PM »

Some fan called into Wind Tunnel and said his wife and some of her friends voted over 4000 times for Kasey.  Personally, I think they should limit the number of times someone can vote.  Perhaps the Jr Nation fans didn't vote as much because they had other things more important to do than the Kasey fans?   Wink
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 01:21:59 AM »

Some fan called into Wind Tunnel and said his wife and some of her friends voted over 4000 times for Kasey.  Personally, I think they should limit the number of times someone can vote.  Perhaps the Jr Nation fans didn't vote as much because they had other things more important to do than the Kasey fans?   Wink

Had Jr. not already been in the race, you can bet your booopie that 4000 would have been a low number of votes cast by his fans.

Face it, ANY fan of ANY driver who votes that much for a silly race needs to find something better to do - desperately....

Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 03:38:43 AM »

NASCAR should be celebrating the fact its finally reached the level of all the other professional sports in America today where its All-Star event is boring and pointless.
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 12:54:01 PM »

Its amazing that the race was so boring, but SPEED Channel got record TV ratings out of it. Highest in network history for a program.
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 10:57:57 PM »

guys my first time watching the all star on speed and that was the boring race i have ever watched.the cot is really hurting the racing as it's impossible to pass and the format itself takes away from the excitement!! Angry Angry
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 05:01:35 PM »

I'm with you, Ron.  I miss the old 40-30-20 format, which set up for a short but exciting finish.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: