November 21, 2017, 11:02:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: speed and tribute to dale jarrett  (Read 650 times)
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« on: May 18, 2008, 06:07:12 PM »

i didnt see the race live, got the tivo version when i got home at midnight. they only thing i am going to comment on is the p**s poor coverage of jarrett's ride in the big brown truck. how many years have we loved those commercials and the tribute commercial ups has put on the air and then speed shows the start and end of the lap around the track!!!! ups should have bought that lap as commercial time as i am sure they thought it would get more coverage than that. but speed like the other networks have other agendas when it comes to racing and good stories.

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 06:13:18 PM »

Never knew Jarrett was in the All Star race. Speed forgot about him.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 07:01:23 PM »

Meh, I think it's sad that a career as great as Dale Jarretts ended mostly as a ridiculous marketing campaign. What happened to the days when drivers simply retired?
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 05:27:02 PM »

Meh, I think it's sad that a career as great as Dale Jarretts ended mostly as a ridiculous marketing campaign. What happened to the days when drivers simply retired?

But Brenden, if you must have a gimmick, have this one.  It was cool and well-executed. Cool

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: