November 19, 2017, 04:05:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SPEED Broadcast from the Rock  (Read 974 times)
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« on: May 05, 2008, 01:58:46 AM »

well, the logano love fest has begun anew....i thought it would have been a better race, but that boy flat out beat the pants of the field. he has had it easy up to this point, but the cup debut will be a nice awakening for him. coverage was good but you just gotta wonder what nascar thinks of all weekend broadcasts of racing promoting the rock. this is a track they wrote off for bigger and better, yet the first show that comes back brings back some of the biggest names in the sport of stock car racing and i think andy hit a homerun with this..

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 12:19:04 PM »

Are Lou and I the only ones who noticed SPEED had some sort of a glitch on the last lap and missed the pass for the win?  They were on two to go and Logano was passing for second - next thing we know, they were showing him running alone and taking the checked flag.   Obviously, the production truck was time shifting the race and somebody managed to mess up the finish.  How sad...

Coverage of Logano was over the top, but he had both a Cup and Busch pit crew and all of Joe Gibbs resources, so there was no wasy he wasn't going to win.   Sad

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 09:01:14 PM »

I haven't watched it yet.  Weather was so gorgeous we went to river, redwoods and up the mountains to check out all the new growth, flowers, bushes and dogwood trees...and some wildlife and birds
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 01:07:08 AM »

From what I heard on the broadcast  Lagono's car was provided by Billy Venturini and the crew was the only thing Gibbs supplied, but you have to wonder how much more Gibbs may have helped with.
 It's too bad Speed had to go overboard with coverage on Joey, I can't imagine what ESPN will do in a few weeks when he makes his Nationwide debut. It's sad when the media gives saturation coverage to a driver which then makes me root against him.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 12:05:18 PM »

And we always believe everything TV tells us, right? 

IMHO, Gibbs didn't send him down there to do anything but win, so I'm sure they gave him the engine/resources to make that happen.  I think they only used the Venturini chasis/number to gain entree into the race.  Beyond that, it was a Gibbs' operation.

As to the media, when a kid who hasn't even run in any NA$CAR series, but Busch east has his own commercial for Nationwide, he's already on media overload... Sad

Cheryl
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 01:00:44 AM »

Oh I believe what TV told us. Were they told the real story? Wink

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 05:52:59 PM »

Nothing against Venturini Motorsports, they are doing an admirable job of keeping a small, under-funded, ARCA team in competition, but if Billy Venturini and Venturini Motorsports were capable - by themselves - of producing and racing an ARCA car as strong as the one which Logano ran, don't ya think that instead of sitting on the toolbox, Billy would be sitting behind the wheel himself? He did not vacate his seat due to old age or lack of desire to race.

More than just a pit crew came from Gibbs.

Lou
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 05:54:32 PM by Lou » Logged

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 05:18:45 PM »

More than just a pit crew came from Gibbs.

Who knows, maybe the car came from there too.  Bear in mind that many of the ARCA cars raced this season were used in NEXTEL Cup races a year ago before NASCAR phased in the COT completely.  Of course, Joe Gibbs Racing ran Chevrolets a year ago.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: