November 18, 2017, 06:32:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friday's Busch race now simulcast  (Read 799 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: May 01, 2008, 04:56:23 PM »

Because the Cleveland Cavaliers were unable to eliminate the Washington Wizards from the NBA playoffs last night - resulting in three NBA playoff games Friday night instead of two - the scheduled live telecast of the Lipton Tea 250 on ESPN2 has been cancelled.

The race will still start at 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT, but will now be shown on both ESPN Classic and SPEED Channel.  This, as far as I know, is an unprecedented simulcast.  Meanwhile, the Cavaliers-Wizards next game goes on ESPN2 in place of the race, with the other two on ESPN.

An aside: Did anyone think of moving the hoops game to NBA TV, leaving the race on ESPN2?  That way, NBA fans would feel what we feel all the time for once. Tongue

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 05:25:24 PM »

Thanks for the info, Desmond!  Hopefully, since SPEED is now HD on DirecTV, we'll still get an HD broadcast on at least one of them. 

Edit:  Here's the entire schedule from thehotlap.com.  Glad to see ESPN2 will pick up the broadcast after the game is over for those who don't know about the changes:

May 1: With live NASCAR Nationwide Series racing from Richmond International Raceway and three NBA playoff games scheduled on Friday night, the live broadcast plan for the NASCAR Nationwide Series Lipton TEA 250 at Richmond originally scheduled to air on ESPN2 has changed. Posted on 05-01-08 at 1:38 PM by Admin 

" Here is the revised broadcast plan for the race:

The live telecast of the race in its originally scheduled time slot (7–10:00 p.m. ET) will air simultaneously on both SPEED and ESPN Classic.

ESPN2 will join the race live immediately following the Cavaliers – Wizards game and will also re-air the race in its entirety immediately following the conclusion of the race broadcast.

Both NASCAR.com and ESPN.com will stream the race live.

ESPN and SPEED will begin on-air promotion today (Thursday, May 1).

SPEED’s live coverage from Richmond begins at 1:00 p.m. ET with NASCAR LIVE and will continue straight through the live broadcast of the race until 10:00 p.m. ET.
“This is a busy time of year for live sports and we really appreciate ESPN and SPEED working together to come up with a plan that takes care of our fans,” said Robbie Weiss, NASCAR’s Vice President, Broadcasting. “ESPN and SPEED are working aggressively to promote tomorrow night’s simulcast.

“The simultaneous broadcasts on SPEED and ESPN Classic along with live streaming on NASCAR.com and ESPN.com will provide our fans with a wide range of opportunities to watch the race on various platforms,” he said.

In addition, SPEED has both NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice and qualifying live from Richmond on Friday and will heavily promote the live broadcast of the Lipton TEA 250.

NASCAR Media"

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 08:07:35 PM by Cheryl » Logged
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 08:34:47 PM »

Although I am disappointed that the race is all of a sudden not on ESPN2, I am glad to see the networks doing everything possible to make sure fans see the race. People can watch it on from what I read five different places. There really should be no excuse for someone saying they missed the race because of the switch.
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 08:36:40 PM »

Thanks for that info as I do have to set everything up before I leave home. 
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 09:05:16 PM »

I will be watching the race live. But I will be watching it LIVE on SPEED Channel. The reason, ESPN Classic always has the "BottomLine" ticker and SPEED Channel does not. So I can get a full screen version of a Nationwide Race for once.
Steve
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 11:35:07 PM »

Hopefully Speed will get an HD feed of the race.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 12:19:06 PM »

Claire had a spokesman for ESPN on XM last night and I'm pretty sure he said that the SPEED broadcast would be HD.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: