November 24, 2017, 11:14:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe I shouldn't watch reality TV either  (Read 421 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: April 24, 2008, 05:03:53 PM »

In the past, this forum has chronicled the fact that I am swimming against the proverbial tide (or at least my fellow forum members) by watching so-called "reality television."  Furthermore, I have actually enjoyed these shows.

However, after watching this season of American Idol, I may be starting to come around to your point.  Those who are casting their votes for the contestants to stay on the show have turned absolutely clueless. Sad

All but one of the best singers - Michael Johns, Carly Smithson, David Hernandez, and Amanda Overmyer - are all gone.   Only David Cook, among those left, has any talent.  The remaining contestants are two boy-band wannabes, a piano-playing Barbie doll, and a female singer who is only decent.  (Cheryl, if you think "Barbie doll" is too harsh to describe Brooke White, remove it if you wish.  Sorry for being so blunt.)

If there is any justice in the world, the winner of American Idol 2008 will have the lowest sales of any winner on the show.  However, he or she will probably sell a lot of records anyway because that's the way it is.

I blame some of the results on a certain blog that has unfairly singled out Johns and Smithson for previous record deals.  Why not give either of them a second chance?

Oh, and I'm now boycotting The Bachelor because of how last season ended with the bachelor picking no one.  What a bummer ending. Sad

Also, Survivor and Big Brother have run out of interesting people and watching those shows have become chores.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 08:25:41 PM »

I have been watching American Idol because a local girl has been on until last week when she got the least amount of votes, according to them.  She got home yesterday.  I really didn't think she was the greatest, but it was exciting to have a local on the show.

Des wrote:

Only David Cook, among those left, has any talent.

Although David is excellent, I do beg to differ with you there.  Some of the ones still left have very good talent and it will be a surprise to see who finally wins.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 07:18:24 PM »

OK, so maybe I did not give Syesha Mercado enough credit.  She is steadily improving and could be a darkhorse.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: