November 22, 2017, 09:18:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wrecks in Busch Race  (Read 561 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: April 28, 2008, 01:53:15 PM »

We saw that pile-up in Saturday's race because of Kevin Lepage!  I can't figure out what that guy was thinking of pulling up on the track with a pack of 20+ cars going 185 coming at him! That was one scarey wreck.  Glad everyone was okay afterwards. 

And thank goodness Dario Franchitti has nothing worse than the broken ankle he suffered in the earlier wreck.  Lou and I were worried about him after getting hit on the driver's side.  That one looked really bad too.

Cheryl
shawn
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 12:03:42 AM »

I wonder what Kevin Lepage was (or wasn't) thinking when he did that.  Also, where was his spotter telling him the pack was bearing down on him

Vivian
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 12:45:30 AM »

His spotter did tell him.  They played the audio on some show or sometimes later.  I am sure I heard him say something like "pack is coming fast" or something like that.  Just don't know when they played that part.

Glad Dario is okay.  That car looked bad and I am glad the angle was more toward the fender than the door. 
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 12:31:02 PM »

Apparently a bunch of drivers went hunting for Lepage after the race and so now he has taken responsibility and issued an apology.  On NASCAR Now, they played the spotter audio (his wife) and I don't think the audio was really sinqed up with the video. 

Cheryl
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 03:50:18 PM »

Here's an interesting article from Mike Calinoff, the spotter for the 40 car.  Most shocking is Dario's comment about how his radio was broken in the wreck:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/8087916/Eyes-in-the-Sky:-Broken-Stride

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: