November 20, 2017, 06:54:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More fun from Fox!!!!!  (Read 934 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: April 25, 2008, 11:36:42 PM »

From todays USA Today...

"If Fox expands its NASCAR prerace show to an hour next season, as its producer Bill Richards hopes, he says it will probably add a comedian..." Just like Fox's NFL pregame.

No big deal to me, I thought the prerace show was already an hour and I don't watch it.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 11:52:05 PM »

Insert a "scratching head" emoticon here... Grin  Aren't all of fox's race shows already filled with people who think they are comedians?? Roll Eyes

I couldn't resist.... Evil
shawn
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 12:23:20 AM »

why the need for an hour?  How much more stuff they can possibly talk about. 

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 04:53:16 PM »

Aren't all of fox's race shows already filled with people who think they are comedians?? Roll Eyes

Vivian, I thought the same thing when I just saw that!   laugh

Ever since they started that stupid BBB theme song, I refuse to watch their pre-race shows any way.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 06:07:01 PM »

Brian, I was about to post something similar when I saw that.  You beat me to it! Cheesy

Anyway, today's pre-race show is an hour rather than the usual 30 minutes, and that is what Fox is thinking about for all the telecasts next year.

I'm with everyone else.  Why hire another comedian for the pre-race, if you know what I mean?  I watch the NFL pre-game shows on the same network and Frank Caliendo adds nothing to it, and is fact is a huge distraction.  Whoever goes on the NASCAR shows will be exactly the same. Angry

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 12:45:58 PM »

Fox has been notorious for having people, skits, and the majority of the stuff that "add nothing to" the pre-race.  Why change that now?   Angry

Cheryl
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 01:19:27 AM »

Why change that now?   Angry

Cheryl

Maybe the pre race ratings are low and they figure if it works for the NFL ( I would assume) then why not NASCAR. Who wouldn't tune in every week to see Larry the Cable Guy Wink

Not a knock against Larry, just picked his name because he fits the old NASCAR that everyone wants back.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 07:31:57 PM »

Sure wish they would allot some of that time for the post race show instead of adding more to the pre race show
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: