November 21, 2017, 09:05:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moto X  (Read 958 times)
Vivian
« on: August 10, 2004, 10:53:34 PM »

Desmond, I did not get to see any of the Extreme games but I watch Moto X any time I can.  I am anxious to see what Bubba and Ricky will do next year with Bubba on a 250 and Ricky switching brands.  I think Chad Reed will outdo them both for those very reasons.  What do you think?

I love watching those races.  The one in WA which they showed this past Saturday was really good.  I loved the track.  The dirt looked so healthy and and inviting for riding.
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 12:25:30 AM »

You missed a heck of an event in Supermoto at the X Games. Last lap, Ben Bosworth takes the Gold Medal form Belgium's Eddy Seel. Seel saves his bike form falling twice in 2 seconds. If he had fallen off, he would've crashed into the barrier, and knocked himself unconscious.
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 01:27:15 AM »

You were watching also, Michael?  Okay, what do you think about Bubba and Ricky and Chad next year?  It will be wild and fun.
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 12:48:45 AM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
You were watching also, Michael?  Okay, what do you think about Bubba and Ricky and Chad next year?  It will be wild and fun.

At first, I didn't know who "Bubba" was, then I remembered that it's James Stewart's nickname. He's a pretty good rider. Carmichael will probably win the championship again next year. Reed will win a couple of races.
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 07:56:29 PM »

Normally, I call him James.  I just have a lot of respect for him and his loyalty to his lost friend.  

I think Ricky may not do as good since he is leaving Honda for a less proven brand, Suzuki I believe?  Since James is staying with Kawasaki, I think he will do okay.  As for Chad, he will do good too.  I think it will be an exciting and close year for the three of them.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 04:28:56 PM »

Vivian,

While I appreciate your season-long picks in motorcycle racing, I was just saying that I want to see all the big stars I mentioned at next year's X Games event.

I think that they all know about this event and will try to fit it into their schedules.

If all of them compete in next year's race, I'm picking Ricky to win because he is so dominant where he is now and would appreciate the challenge.

P.S. Who is James "Bubba" Stewart's lost friend?  I'm guessing it's the 17-year-old 250CC rider who was killed in San Diego in January.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 08:39:52 PM »

Desmond, let me know when the X games are having these motos again, please.  I would love to watch them.

His friend was a kid he used to race with years ago and I don't know all the details.  Seems like they grew up sort of together and were real close.  I know he runs #259 in his honor and has since he went pro.  Not real sure of the whole story.  It isn't the one you mentioned that was killed in January in San Diego I don't think though since he has been talking about him and dedicating races to him for over 2 years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: