November 19, 2017, 02:04:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a couple of thoughts  (Read 456 times)
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« on: April 02, 2008, 04:59:40 AM »

Sorry, I haven't been around much lately and I still like all of you.  I just saw a couple of thought provoking (to me, anyway) posts on Jayski
The first was General Mills going to Childress and apparently with Bobby Labonte.  I know this has been rumored for a while, but I thought Bobby was going to finish his career with the Petty's?  Oh well, after seeing Terry in a Toyota it's kinda anticlimactic, but just reminds me there's no loyalty in NASCAR anymore.  I know, as I'm often reminded, my sense of values are somewhat warped, but this just irritates a personal spot I'd rather not touch outside the shower.

The second was the Petty's acquiring a partner.  Once again, been rumored for a while and I really believe the Petty's need any and all help they can get if they're going to continue.  I do wonder if this new found assistance will prevail if General Mill bails out.

One last thing; anyone seen any good NASCAR  racing lately?  Watched some of the Martinsville trucks and was glad to Setzer win and some of the Cup race. It appeared to be a bit better than the fall race, but  I still had trouble focusing.  Must be old age setting in.

Be well and I miss all of Y'all,

James

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 03:27:55 PM »

There is simply no loyalty in most endeavors, it seems to me, James. It is all money driven.
What really puzzles me, however, is that some of these folks really believe that people buy enough Cheerios just because they sponsor a race car, to pay for the sponsorship costs. I just don't see that happening.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 05:42:41 PM »

One of my aunts works for General Mills and gave me the free (Busch) Nationwide/truck series tickets that I used in February.  This news has some interest to me.

I, too, wonder where Petty Enterprises will go now for funding.  It has never accepted any money from beer or hard liquor companies.  Will this change?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: