November 24, 2017, 07:23:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Martinsville  (Read 376 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 31, 2008, 12:38:46 PM »

Man!  I cannot believe they got all 500 laps in yesterday with that mist/drizzle all day long!  As Jeff Gordon said in his interview, I feel bad for all the fans who sat there in the cold and wet all day long.  When the temps were in the 70s Friday, I was wishing I was there.  After seeing the conditions those folks had yesterday, I quickly changed my mind. 

Good race.  Just wish the drivers could've gotten through the lapped traffic sooner so we could've had a closer finish at the end. 

Edit:

Here's a good article by Monte Dutton with quotes from the drivers trying to get by McDowell.  I've always been one to rave about guys who hold up the 2nd-5th place guys once they are passed by the leader.  To me, that's the worst form of unsportsmanship.  I don't care if they are racing someone else for postion many laps down, you don't materially affect the outcome of the race when it's not your day.

http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/mcdowell_18813___article.html/hamlin_race.html

Cheryl
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 02:08:04 PM by Cheryl » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 10:41:08 PM »

The spotter for the 00 should have told him to move out of the way. I didn't see any of the race, but I saw a highlight showing Carl giving this guy a nudge. Glad that Carl did that.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: