November 24, 2017, 12:54:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What does this mean?  (Read 797 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: August 02, 2004, 10:10:22 PM »

I did a couple of things Sunday that weren't related to racing, but now that the weekend's over, there seems to be some hidden meaning behind it.

First, I visited the website biffle.org.  It's a genealogical site explaining the history of the last name Biffle in the United States.  Seems all of them were descended from a German immigrant who moved to the Philadelphia area around 1770.  Most of the immediate ancestors moved to North Carolina, then throughout the country.  Sure enough, there's a nice picture of Greg Biffle on the front page.

Then, while going out for lunch during the race, I pass up my usual Sunday meal at El Pollo Loco (charbroiled chicken) and went to Subway instead.  Of course, Subway, along with the National Guard, sponsor the #16 in the Nextel Cup Series.

Guess what?  Biffle finishes fourth, by far his best finish of the year.  On top of all that, he had just traveled all the way from Colorado, where he was the Busch Series winner!

I don't know.  Should I keep doing this every week as some kind of superstition on Biffle's behalf? :lol:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 10:14:15 PM »

Absolutely! Cheesy

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 04:08:05 PM »

you must that fan in the subway commericial that loves biffle.by all means keep doing it!!
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 08:37:44 PM »

Go for it!!!!   Cheesy
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 03:57:03 PM »

Yesterday, I did not have Subway, but I had something similar called a Pannido from Jack in the Box.

Does that count?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 04:40:33 PM »

do you mean a panini desmond?
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 04:19:30 PM »

Uh, I don't know, I guess.  I just thought it looked like one of those Subway sandwiches, but with very long gourmet bread.

This one was Zesty Turkey, and it also had provolone cheese and tomato paste sauce.  So maybe it is a panini.

ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 04:29:25 PM »

yeah i think it was a panini meat and cheese on gourmet bread and pressed real thin.
Vivian
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 05:07:35 PM »

Hey, Desmond!  Can you do some Chef BoyArDee this week so Tony can win?  He needs it and after all, it is at Indy and that is one that would make him (and me) especially happy.   Tongue
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 04:18:24 PM »

I guess that I gotta eat more sandwiches :lol:   Greg Biffle was fourth at IRP, followed by sixth at the Brickyard 400.

Biffle has consecutive top-ten finishes in Nextel Cup races after scoring only one top 10 the entire season before.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: