November 24, 2017, 02:34:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NASCAR Confidential  (Read 4112 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 24, 2008, 07:50:50 PM »

Was just looking for something to watch before John Adams on HBO last night and was scrolling through the guide last night and saw this show, so uned in about 10-15 minutes after the start.  It was pretty good, but nowhere near as good as Beyond the Wheel.  The distinctive style of NASCAR Images was present (which I enjoy a lot), but I wasn't that impressed with all the subjects of this week's show.  Really enjoyed the photographer, but didn't find any interest in the chorography behind the scenes of the concerts and Victory Lane.  Delana Harvick has been featured way too much in documentaries IMHO. 

I like this style of show, but really don't understand why SPEED dropped Beyond the Wheel as it was excellent and won some Emmy Awards.  Why do they keep repackaging these shows with new names?  The "confidential" part of this show's title really turned me off as it sounded too soap opera-ish for my tastes.  I wouldn't go out of my way to record this show, but if I happened to catch it on again, I'd probably watch it.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 05:06:31 PM »

Very interesting and fascinating show.  Ken Squier was the host, which was a nice touch. Smiley

However, I wonder if Ryan Newman was chosen as one of the subjects before the race or only after production had finished and everyone knew that he had won?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: