November 20, 2017, 06:34:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for JW  (Read 834 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: August 09, 2004, 04:16:08 PM »

I would like to ask JW, the expert on commercial time, to monitor the amount of ad time during the prime time broadcasts of the upcoming Olympic Games.

Reports are rampant that the coverage is dominated by commercials and feature stories, some of which have nothing to do with sports.  I want JW to confirm this.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 01:35:26 AM »

I read in yesterday's paper that Bob Costas will be hosting the primetime show live-at 3 AM GREECE TIME!!!!!!! :shock:  He'll already know who won everything.
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 03:38:44 PM »

good request des i can confirm that sydney 2000 was filled with many many features some of which ran as lomg as 10 mins.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 04:33:00 PM »

Unfortunately, it looks like JW will not monitor the ads at the Olympic Games as I wanted him (or her) to do.

He (or she) has not responded either on this forum or to a private message I sent him (or her).

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
jw
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 05:04:52 PM »

First, JW is a guy.

I will be watching the Olympics & recording as much as I can.  One night
will conflict with NASCAR. That's August 28 when the Sharpie 500 is taking
place in Bristol, TN.  I will also be checking selected events on the other
networks that will be showing the Olympics.

My apologies for not responding sooner.  Crazy schedule
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 05:15:08 PM »

Thanks for coming through.  I am looking forward to your reports.

I will also be watching as much of the NBC coverage as I can and will make my picks for the worst excesses here at General Chit Chat.

At the end of the Games, I will select the PT-109 Award for the worst of the worst.  It's named after a feature story at the 2000 Sydney Olympics which involved JFK, a PT-109 captain, and Australia.  The story was as far away from talking about sports as you can get.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: