November 21, 2017, 10:29:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finish Line  (Read 2447 times)
sally
« on: August 08, 2004, 11:42:48 PM »

Can anyone tell me why TV insists on showing the lead car, way ahead of the rest of the field for the checker flag?  All hell was breaking loose behind him (at least, I think it was), but they don't show it?  And don't bother to mention what happened until they have done all the interviews...NOT in Victory Lane?  They do this all the time, missing some of the vbest racing to get that last spot at the finish.  Very frustrating!  What happened to poor Mark Martin?  Jr?  Anyone besides the top 10?  Ridiculous. :?
Sally
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 03:22:43 AM »

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! :twisted:  This is the first race I have gotten to see in a while and I was so frustrated!!

I understand that they wanted to follow Gordon on the win, but then they waited for him to get out of his car and didn't see fit to mention what had happened that brought the caution out or anything.  Mentioned that someone had blown a motor as Gordon was crossing the finish, but didn't mention anything else!!
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 03:55:52 PM »

martingirl  they did mention that dale jr and mark martin had tires go down on that last lap.
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 04:04:37 PM »

Quote from: "ronbarnes77"
martingirl  they did mention that dale jr and mark martin had tires go down on that last lap.

But their 80 cameras and 150 workers could not find footage of how those two top 5 running cars disappeared from the radar on the last lap, nor could they even find the time to follow-up. Did they cut them in separate incidents? Did they get together during the last lap?

Lou

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 04:36:10 PM »

The only logical explanation was that NBC was pressed for time because of the 12 caution periods.  The scheduled ending time for coverage was 3 p.m. Pacific, but NBC had to stay on until 3:26 p.m.

Also, I thought that the interview with Jeff Gordon was done on the track so that NBC could save time.  I have since learned that this was not the case.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 03:48:38 PM »

i did see footage of mark martin blowing up on the late news but don't know why not on the broadcast.
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 04:24:17 PM »

Yes, I realize that they did finally mention it, but it wasn't until the very end of the broadcast, after they had interviewed people.  

I realize interviewing the top finishers is important, but they could have taken a couple of seconds to mention it while they were waiting for Jeff to get out of his car.

Just frustrating, that's all.  People are running in the top ten and then disappear and you have to watch the streamer to find out where they finished and then wait some more to find out why.  Grrrrrr
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 06:18:21 PM »

you know also that's why it's so frustating to not be able to listen to radio broadcasts because they keep you better informed  at  the end of a race.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 03:24:49 PM »

Boy, Ron sure misses the radio broadcasts on AM 620, doesn't he?

Southern California will be in the same proverbial boat for the C4C as AM 1540 switches to the San Diego Chargers, the crummy NFL team with the holdout quarterback :oops: (His name is Philip Rivers.)

For the record, if I had the money, I'd get the satellite radio.  But I am only a part-time worker who can barely pay all the bills I already have.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 05:01:32 PM »

I agree, radio broadcasts are so much better, but I can't seem to find them broadcasting a race around here to save my life anymore.  Our local station switched to be a FOXsports station, and they have the Sunday Morning race show, but they don't tend to cast the races.  Completely frustrating when I am usually on the way to work right in the middle of the race, so by the time I get to work the whole field is different and I don't know why.  And it isn't like TV recaps as much as they should, so I usually have to call home and get a quick sum up.  GRRRRRRR

And satellite isn't really an option for me, either.  Dang!
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 03:37:21 PM »

hey marrtingirl go to mrnradio.com and take a look at the affilate list and for a station in your area.as for desmond yes i do miss 620 am very badly!!! this bum who owns the station is broadcasting ethinic programming.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2004, 05:47:40 PM »

Quote from: "ronbarnes77"
hey marrtingirl go to mrnradio.com and take a look at the affilate list and for a station in your area.as for desmond yes i do miss 620 am very badly!!! this bum who owns the station is broadcasting ethinic programming.

That's a good suggestion, Ron, unfortunately, many states have few MRN stations, like here in Maryland.  And if there is one, it only has Cup racing on Sunday, never qualifying Busch or trucks.  Around the Baltimore-Washington area, Friday afternoon traffic reports are more important to the radio stations that Winston Cup qualifying.   :cry:

Cheryl
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2004, 07:12:19 PM »

That is why I love my XM Radio.  I pay monthly of course but it is worth every penny.  Channel 144 is the Nascar channel and the reporter, Claire B. Lang roks!

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2004, 07:29:08 PM »

Quote from: "BAM24/25"
That is why I love my XM Radio.  I pay monthly of course but it is worth every penny.  Channel 144 is the Nascar channel and the reporter, Claire B. Lang roks!

Claire is okay.  Sometimes I like her, but most times, it seems like she just goes on and on to fill the time and hear herself talk.  Honestly, as much as NASCAR would like to think they are the hottest thing out there, there really isn't enough "content" to fill a radio station 24 hours a day.  I liked the show Dialed In with Chris McClain (where fans call in), but since he left, Claire only has callers on part of the time.  I listened to it Monday, and she talked over most of the callers and barely let them voice their opinions.  I know that people in TV and radio like to talk, but Claire REALLY seems to enjoy hearing herself talk.  I sure hope they hire someone to replace McClain soon, because I'm on Claire overdose and I don't even listen to the NASCAR channel every day.  :?

Cheryl
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2004, 07:47:25 PM »

hey cheryl who can blame them that area has more traffic on a friday than some areas have in a week.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: