November 20, 2017, 11:59:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weather  (Read 1046 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 08, 2008, 01:51:20 PM »

As I watch the Weather Channel this morning, I see bad weather a few places (besides Atlanta).  Ken and Dick in Ohio, I hope you guys are weathering the snow and blizzard conditions they predict for Ken's area.  James on the coast of North Carolina, it looks like you may be in a tornado watch, so please stay safe. 

Lou just heard the weather folks say something like "Atlanta will stall out at 34 degrees during the snow today..."  Doesn't sound good for the Busch race today. 

Take care everyone out there!

Edit:  As I was in the kitchen typing that, Lou laughed in the living room.  when I went in there, he said they were talking about "light snow in Atlanta" now and when they showed a shot of downtown Atlanta, the commentator said "that looks like more than light snow..."   Shocked  Can jet dryers melt snow?   Wink  After they equip them with chains to keep them from sliding down the banking?

Cheryl
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 01:53:38 PM by Cheryl » Logged
shawn
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 03:09:58 PM »

We are getting ready for some funky weather up this way, supposed to be 1-2 inches of rain today and then turning to snow over night.

super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 05:02:42 PM »

well gang here is my weather update... snow, snow, and yes more snow. it started here at 11am and has not let up.  i have 14 inches on the ground at my house and another 9-12 predicted for this afternoon and evening

all i can say is holy crap, what a boatload of snow. i am sure dick is getting the same snow in his neck of the woods. my aunt called from detroit after she saw the weather channel guy from downtown cleveland, to laugh and say they are only expect 1-3 inches today!!!

see you after the thaw

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 05:55:49 AM »

Cheryl, thanks for the kind thought's.  We've just bee battered with strong winds for the day.  Tree limbs down, minor damage but no tornado's.

Dick, Ken, I hope y'all are all doing ok after all your snow.  I really hated those big snows when I was in Fairborn...lots of snow then a big thaw followed by knee deep mud.  Just hope you are all safe.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 03:58:31 PM »

well 19 inches of snow and 3 foot drifts later, i had to venture out to work at 7am this morning. damn college basketball tournaments
i give props out the ODOT and the local city workers for the hard work they put in yesterday and overnight here in the cleveland area for the GREAT conditions of the roads (yes i said great!!!) with the exceptions of the 10 foot piles of snow on the side of the roads, you would be hard pressed to know what we went through here the last 72 hours. i know we all bitch about getting stuck behind a snow plow or getting salt sprayed on our cars, but after this weekend, these men and women are truly the kings of the road!!!!!!!!!!!!  the weather folks are comparing this to the HUGE blizzard of 1978, and i can tell you it took more than one day to dig out back then.

stay warm and dry

ken

sally
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 06:23:21 PM »

Watching the snow storm go across Ohio gave me flashbacks to driving home from Bristol after the '02 march race.  The weather was very similar...lots of snow. blowing...we were parked on the Turnpike for almost 2 hours while they righted a jack knifed track.  Got to Michigan...no snow.  Got some strange looks from other cars as we passed them with a car covered in frozen slush!  Hope I never have to go thru that again.  Glad the hear that things are getting better!

Sally
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 05:11:41 PM »

Shoot, it wasn't so bad. I didn't even have to use 4 wheel low to get out of my driveway Saturday. Grin We ended up with 12 to 14 inches of snow. And some interesting swirl patterns from the wind. Smiley The dogs liked it, but wore out pretty quickly. Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 05:14:29 PM »

Glad to hear everyone is okay and survived the weather over the weekend!  Ken, I'm happy to hear the snow removal efforts in your area worked so well!

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 12:54:50 AM »

i have some pics from the blizzard of '08 but have no idea how to post them for all to see

ken

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: