November 23, 2017, 11:28:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larry McReynolds stops by The Weather Channel  (Read 672 times)
Steve
Wiley Veteran

« on: March 08, 2008, 06:08:33 AM »

Fox/Speed and The Weather Channel often got involved with one another when NASCAR comes to Atlanta. Last year, meteorologist Bill Keneely appeared on Trackside with a key wall and some maps for one of the guys (Jeff or Larry) to do a forecast segment. Today was no exception when Larry stopped by TWC's studios for a segment. Larry McReynolds has often spoken of his liking of TWC and Jim Cantore, so he must have enjoyed finally getting to stop by TWC's studios.

http://www.weather.com/multimedia/videoplayer.html?clip=10065
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 01:57:40 PM »

Yeah, I thought I saw a picture of him on the Weather Channel web site with the caption of "racing weather" or something like that.  So he's finally "made" it now.   laugh

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 08:17:14 PM »

Speaking of weather, and how important it has been the pas couple weeks (snow in atlanta, for heaven's sake!), does anyone else remember the 'good old days' when TV woudl regularly show the weather maps to let us see where the rain/snow was in relation to the track?  I wondered about that at California...and thought it might be deliberate, trying to string viewers along till the wee hours?

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 07:01:53 PM »

Strange. Huh?  Larry Mac is not on the video seen on the link.  What I saw was a series of spinouts on the highways in West Virginia.  Will someone fix the link so that it points to Larry Mac's visit?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Steve
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 12:30:55 AM »

Apparently it's been taken down. I searched for it on their site; a link comes up, but nothing happens when I click it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: