November 24, 2017, 01:01:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, the Busch Series is off to Mexico City next season  (Read 1150 times)
Michael
Veteran

« on: August 06, 2004, 02:55:44 AM »

Since the race will take place on March 6, an off-date for the Cuppers, at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, where the Champ Cars have run every year since 2002, that means either FX or FOX will do the race. Imagine DW trying to say BBB in Spanish. Oy vey...I mean, ay ay ay!
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 03:37:51 PM »

it'll probaly be fx that does the broadcast.
sally
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 08:25:59 PM »

Isn't it interesting that Nascar did away with the 1 road course for Busch 4 uears ago to save expenses.  Now, they have 2 road courses (and specialized cars), two trips cross country to California, and now, a trip to Mexico.  Great way to save moeny when most Busch purses won't even pay for the 3 sets of tires they are allowed!
Sally
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 08:55:31 PM »

As usual, it is all about the money and the markets for Nascar.  But maybe the wives and families will enjoy the trip.  I really don't mind the road courses on tv as it does take skill.  Wonder how many of the road aces they will hire for that and screw the drivers again.  Sorry about being negative, but I just don't like it when they substitute other drivers at the real driver's expense.  Wonder what they pay these aces??!!
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 03:52:23 PM »

Here in the Los Angeles area, the ratings will be watched very closely as it is one of the heavily Hispanic markets targeted by the race.  Right now, the ratings are only a fraction of those nationwide and often trail Mexican soccer games.

I also wonder how the race will be covered in Spanish.  Will there be SAP (alternate audio) or a separate channel like Univision or Telemundo?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2004, 03:00:24 AM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Here in the Los Angeles area, the ratings will be watched very closely as it is one of the heavily Hispanic markets targeted by the race.  Right now, the ratings are only a fraction of those nationwide and often trail Mexican soccer games.

I also wonder how the race will be covered in Spanish.  Will there be SAP (alternate audio) or a separate channel like Univision or Telemundo?

Could be FOX Sports Espanol. I wonder if Mexico's TV Azteca will provide race feed like they do for the Champ Car race.
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 12:58:36 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Right now, the ratings are only a fraction of those nationwide and often trail Mexican soccer games.
Perhaps the rating would skyrocket if they had a soccer game being played inside the track somewhere while the race was being run?  :evil:

old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 03:10:14 PM »

Thank you Lou for that Monday morning humor. :lol:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 03:48:01 PM »

looks like i'm wrong fox will do the broadcast on a sunday no less!
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2004, 01:29:25 AM »

Quote from: "Lou"
Perhaps the rating would skyrocket if they had a soccer game being played inside the track somewhere while the race was being run?  :evil:

There is a baseball stadium next to one of the turns at the track. Maybe they could play a baseball game during the race. Hey, there we go! Dodging home run balls while racing! Cheesy  :lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: