November 23, 2017, 12:14:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Tough Weekend For NASCAR?  (Read 859 times)
BrettBaldeck
« on: March 07, 2008, 01:12:36 AM »

It looks like it might be another tough weekend for NASCAR, or at least the start. There is a 90% chance of rain on Friday all day at Atlanta. That would pretty much wash out any events at the track that day, including the Truck race that night since the rain is expected to continue.

Saturday and Sunday look to be clear. If will be intersting to see what NASCAR Does in the event the Truck race is rained out. Most likely they would switch it to Saturday Night right? I can't even remember the last time a Truck race was postponed due to rain.

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself and the forecast will be wrong. But it is something to look for on Friday.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 01:32:18 PM »

I heard the 90% chance of rain on Claire B. Lang's show on XM last night, but it IS only for today. 

As to the last time a truck race was postponed, it was one of the last times we went to Dover.  We had monsoons all Friday and everything was cancelled, so they ran the truck race before the Busch race on Saturday.  Maybe 2003-2004.

I'm guessing trucks and Cup quals will be cancelled and the truck race run tomorrow evening as you predicted.  Sunday looks fine though, but I still think it sucks that the premiere division will probably be set on points, yet again, when there will be plenty of time to qualify tomorrow.  But TV wouldn't want to show it, so NA$CAR will cave into them as always.

Edit:  As of 9:15 am, weather.com now has it at 100% chance of rain today and a chance of snow showers tomorrow morning.   Shocked

Cheryl

« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 03:17:02 PM by Cheryl » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 04:07:30 PM »

From the radar stuff I saw on the Weather channel this morning, it definitely is a 100% chance!
We're getting snow here,... Shocked

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 07:48:25 PM »

Just saw a bit of truck and Busch practice at lunch and both series are on the track.  It's extremely overcast with a very low ceiling, but at least there's no rain right now.

Cheryl
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 02:39:25 AM »

NEver thought I would be so happy to see the weather people wrong. Pretty much got through all of todays events wth no issues. Truck race is up next.

100% chance of rain looked very grim.
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 03:24:27 PM »

Just woke up to watch Nationwide qualifying. Saw a ticker saying it was delayed due to weather. I figured it was rain, and was pretty surprised since the forcast was sppose ot be good for today. to my surprise I went to racedayweather.com and it said it is currently SNOWING at Atlanta!

Man. The forecast this weekend was completely off. I don't remember them forecasting snow yesterday>?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: