November 19, 2017, 11:15:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Poll Question at thatsracin  (Read 1136 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 05, 2008, 09:03:08 PM »

Asking:

"Do NASCAR's "TV partners" spend too much or too little time on prerace programming?"

Please vote and let your voice be heard!  It's on the main page:

www.thatsracin.com

The poll is on the left side about halfway down the page.

Cheryl

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 05:46:41 PM »

I answered the question "too little," which is clearly in the minority.  But it's not as simple as that.  I think the amount of time is just right, but there is too little discussion of news and issues and too much fluff.  There are too few driver interviews, for example.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 04:55:21 AM »

Thanks Cheryl, I cast my ballot (Like that'll make a differenceSmiley.  I've actually found infomercials more informative and entertaining than most of the Cup prerace shows.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
shawn
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 03:04:26 PM »

An hour long pre-race show is way to long, 30 min would be better.  Now, if there weren't all the other NASCAR shows, and if qualifying and practice weren't shown then I could see an hour long show being good.

Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 06:33:26 AM »

Pre-race show content aside, the length is to alleviate some of the commercial time during the actual race broadcast, which in reality is the intent of the networks pre-race show.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 03:23:15 PM »

Pre-race show content aside, the length is to alleviate some of the commercial time during the actual race broadcast, which in reality is the intent of the networks pre-race show.

Well, it's sure not working!   laugh

Cheryl
Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 03:35:50 PM »

In all reality if the pre-race show were cut then there would be MORE commercials during the actual race broadcast.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »

In all reality if the pre-race show were cut then there would be MORE commercials during the actual race broadcast.

All of which seems to beg the question as to whether or not it is all worth it to have the races televised at all. I do think that Benson 23 fan has a point.  And I guess that it boils down to just how much hype the traffic will bear,.... Sad

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 04:54:35 PM »

All of which seems to beg the question as to whether or not it is all worth it to have the races televised at all. I do think that Benson 23 fan has a point.  And I guess that it boils down to just how much hype the traffic will bear,.... Sad

I totally agree that the quality and content of these pre-race shows could be improved but I understand why they happen in the first place and I'd prefer that they do happen if they lower the commercial content during the actual race.
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 05:39:38 PM »

I may be in the paranoid minority here, but I do not believe that the pre-race shows are taking ANY commercial load off of the race telecast. Selling commercials is their business.

All they have succeeded in doing is put MORE commercials in front of viewers with the pre-race shows. Thanks to the loyal and somewhat-addicted race fans who tune in for the longer pre-races shows and then the race.

It's a nice theory, but unless someone can actually prove - by an independent count of commercials - then I don't buy the lip service they are giving.

Follow the money. It works every time.

Lou

Vivian
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 09:32:42 PM »

Benson23Fan, I agree with what you wrote when you stated:

I
totally agree that the quality and content of these pre-race shows could be improved but I understand why they happen in the first place and I'd prefer that they do happen if they lower the commercial content during the actual race.

Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 09:52:31 PM »

I'm not nearly as hard on FOX as some fans but I must say the pre-race show from Atlanta was a lot of yelling and the three guys talking over each other, I think Myers needs to get better control of DW and Hammond. It is possible because Mike Joy can reign in DW and Larry Mac when necessary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: