November 18, 2017, 03:33:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SPEED adds Two NASCAR Shows  (Read 661 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 05, 2008, 02:17:23 PM »

"SPEED adds two NASCAR programs to its line-up beginning this weekend with the introduction of NASCAR Confidential and NASCAR in a Hurry. NASCAR Confidential premieres March 23 at 8:00pm/et on SPEED, offering a new twist on the behind-the-scenes genre. Instead of focusing on at-track competition, teams or drivers, the program will tell a unique and untold story on a variety of subjects through the eyes of several participants. It will be a one-hour, highly-produced narrative covering a 24-hour period."

I'm assuming this is going to be this year's version of Beyond the Wheel or Survivial of the Fastest, but the name is so damn tabloid!  I guess the other titles weren't drammatic enough to entice the reality-TV types... Sad

Also:

"NASCAR in a Hurry, a 30-minute weekly program hosted by Adam Alexander and a number of rotating SPEED on-air personalities, premieres Sunday at 11am/et from Atlanta Motor Speedway. It will recap the weekend's early highlights from the NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Craftsman Truck Series, in addition to clips from various NASCAR on SPEED programs. NASCAR in a Hurry will air immediately prior to NASCAR RaceDay on Sundays, while NASCAR Confidential is currently scheduled as a six-episode series with its March 23 premiere focusing on what it took to put together the historic 50th running of the Daytona 500.(SPEED)(3-5-2008)"

This one sounds like it'll definitely be on my "must miss" list.  Probably just another live show with "personalities" in front of obnoxious fans.  With so much information available elsewhere on TV and on the Internet, I'm not sure why they feel they need something like this.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 06:09:25 PM »

NASCAR Confidential looks to be interesting and I will watch it.  But NASCAR in a Hurry sounds like an unappetizing combination of ordinary recap show and self-serving fluff.

Be careful, though, when you say "obnoxious fans," because recently at Fontana I was one of them! Cheesy  I was in the audience for Trading Paint.  So not all of us are obnoxious. Smiley

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: