November 21, 2017, 06:17:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Horse" Power of Another Kind  (Read 625 times)
John
Wiley Veteran

« on: August 08, 2004, 05:49:02 PM »

I'm just taking a break from my preparations for this upcoming weekend's "Napan Agricultural Show" where I am a director.  Part of my responsibilities include announcing the events that take place in the ring such as; Draft Horse Hitches, Horse Hauling, Tough Farmer Competition and other events.  

For the first time we are having a Lawn Tractor Rodeo and it is the only event out of the whole weekend that has an engine, steering wheel and 4 wheels and the President says I can't go in it!  Oh well.

I have a Low Powered FM Transmitter that I use to broadcast pre-recorded announcements and music.  I am in the process of recording those now on my computer.  At one time I wanted to get into radio, so this is about as close as I get.  As a matter of fact, what I am doing is very close to radio today with automation.  I would love a shot at doing MRN.  The few times I get to listen to them it's great to listen to, but we don't get MRN in Canada.

Here is our website if anyone is interested at looking at it:

http://www.napan.com/show

Back to work.
John

ommy Baldwin after Tropicana 400:  "This is NASCAR's world, we just live in it."
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 06:05:08 PM »

That sounds like a lot of fun, John!  Good luck!

Glad to see some of us are doing things that don't involve racing for once, but does have something to do with broadcasting.   Smiley   Good luck!

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: