November 18, 2017, 03:02:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Always bad luck for FOX's pit reporters  (Read 586 times)
Steve
Wiley Veteran

« on: February 23, 2008, 08:28:15 PM »

Two years ago (IIRC) Steve Byrnes fell ill just a few races into the season, and he also lost his voice during last years Daytona 500. Now, I'm hearing from others that Krista Voda is feeling pretty under the weather today; from what I hear, her voice is really bad. I certainly hope she feels better soon...

I wonder if FOX has some sort of contingency plan or if they'll just go with 3 pit reporters if Krista winds up being unable to talk.
Steve
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 09:10:22 PM »

Krista sounds better now during the truck race coverage. Hopefully she continues to feel better.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 06:28:34 PM »

Krista Voda was part of both races on Fox and showed no ill effects, no pun intended.

Also, Fox can broadcast with three pit reporters, but no fewer.  In other words, three or four.

According to the Wikipedia article NASCAR on FOX, Jeff Hammond filled in for a race in 2002 at Infineon Raceway.  Steve Byrnes' wife was giving birth and Jeanne Zelasko had been shifted to the baseball studio.  (Voda replaced Zelasko in 2007 when Major League Baseball on FOX became year-round.)

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: