November 20, 2017, 04:58:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Official! Champcar/Indycar  (Read 911 times)
BrettBaldeck
« on: February 22, 2008, 10:40:10 PM »

ITs official. Champcar and Indycar will be unifying for the 2008 season.

More details to come......
sally
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 12:21:07 AM »

Now those open wheel drivers that don't cut it in Cup cars will have an alternative place to drive.  Ain't that nice!

Sal
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 06:49:09 PM »

Here's an article with more information on the merger:
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/open-wheel-unification-announced/

Also, IRL's Tony George and ChampCar's Kevin Kalkhoven will appear on Wind Tunnel tonight at 9 p.m. ET on SPEED Channel.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 07:31:08 PM »

yippie for them, but bad for cleveland.
we will be losing a race that has been run here for 26 years. and it does not look like it will be returning anytime soon. things change. life goes on. this will be a good thing for open wheel racing in general, so we can't frown too much. plus it's only a 2.5 hour drive to to detroit and 5 hours to indy

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 04:45:44 PM »

Now those open wheel drivers that don't cut it in Cup cars will have an alternative place to drive.  Ain't that nice!

Sal

;DThat's a good one Sally. Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 04:48:54 PM »

Sal

;DThat's a good one Sally. Grin

Speaking of...I just saw that Hornish is outside the top 35 in 2008 points.  After the 5th or 6th race, he's going to have to depend on those points.  I'm thinking giving him Kurt's points was a real waste of time. 

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 07:29:21 PM »

And remember that it took Hornish five tries to make his first Cup race last year.  This could be another difficult season for the driver of the #77 car.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 02:16:57 AM »

Speaking of...I just saw that Hornish is outside the top 35 in 2008 points.  After the 5th or 6th race, he's going to have to depend on those points.  I'm thinking giving him Kurt's points was a real waste of time. 

Cheryl

Yea! I have no problem with Hornish and would have rooted for him but the point swap thing annoys me to no end. I've posted it here before, Dale Earnhardt, Bobby Allison and many others had to earn their way into a race, except when there were short fields.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: