November 22, 2017, 01:40:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robby Gordon Fine  (Read 2883 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 10:33:56 PM »

from the rule book. the approved nose is the charger nose. not the avenger nose. wont that make for an interesting week for nascar

Yep, you're exactly right, Ken!  I think this is the reason I heard some quotes from Darby on XM saying "the rule book doesn't specify the part number..."  Now to hear from Fox that the rule book said "charger nose," that disclaimer makes a LOT more sense.

I really think Robby has a good chance to win his appeal.  But then, I heard another quote on TV that someone with NASCAR said "we don't make decisions on fan support" or something like that.  The hell they don't!  They've made numerous penality calls on the spot based on fan support of drivers over the history of the sport.

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 12:09:50 AM »

they might not cater to the fans, but i have heard the sponsor is willing to take it to court if they do not overturn it

also, can we please slap jimmy spencer. when it was brought up that under the appeal process, you can keep your crew chief, but not the points. he said that's what happens when you cheat. somewhere along the line he thinks they used a ford nose on a dodge badged car. he mentioned this 2 times. not sure is he was drinking or just misinformed.  nascar will be doing lot's of back pedalling this week. the integrity of the rules are at stake here with the fans. even those who can't stand robbie as a driver or person, are on his side for this one. of course, i think the penalties will stand, as they won't be made out to look the fool. and i am sure someone at dodge will be made the scapegoat and be fired.

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 01:36:03 PM »

I heard Spencer say that Robby had a Ford nose.  Where exactly has he been all week??? 

Also, he's got a lot to talk about when it comes to cheating.  It's well-documented Junior Johnson was about to lose McDonalds as a sponsor in 1994 if they didn't win and voila! - Jimmy gets wins at Daytona and Talladega in that car.  Yeah, NA$CAR doesn't look the other way to help a save a sponsor...

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 02:38:56 AM »

Qestions:

1. Did they basically sell Robby back his points and crew chief for $50,000?

2. Will everything wrong they find on the cars now warrant a $150,000 fine now?

3. Will they ever be consistant among the drivers or will the fines be based on who you are?

4. Are they just trying to get rid of Robby since he apparently is considered and outlaw in Nascar? (In other words, treat their bsc differently because he is different?)

Very disappointing to me.
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 04:28:25 AM »

Vivian, some good points there.  I'm not a Robby fan, but I've got to admire his gumption running his car against the mega teams.  You reckon Roush would kick in another 50K to get Carl's points and crew chief back?  I bet he would jump at the chance.

The whole thing just don't make any sense to me.  In my simple world, the negating the points penalty  and crew chief suspension implies innocence, yet it'll cost another 50K to make it stick.  I know 50K is only "chump change" at that level, but the entire process sends my lower bowel into to a highly agitated state.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 01:21:38 PM »

4. Are they just trying to get rid of Robby since he apparently is considered and outlaw in Nascar?

I guess IMHO, they were very generous to Robby in giving him back the points - that way he remains like 21st in points and won't be fighting to get in top 35 when they go to this year's points.  Thereby helping to ensure the survival of his team.

As I mentioned in the chat last night, his crew chief (Kerr) was on XM live with Claire last night and he sounded quite happy at the way things turned out.  He did say his wife was disappointed that he wouldn't be home for the next 6 weeks to do her "honeydo" list though.   laugh

James, to me, the extra fine was to give the team the incentive to check the part number more closely in the future.  But they removed the points penalty and crew chief suspension because they believed they didn't intentionally try to cheat.  BTW, the crew chief said the hearing lasted 4 1/2 hours.   Shocked

Cheryl
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 01:24:14 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 01:33:56 PM »

Here's Robby's official statement from Jayski (he doesn't sound too unhappy to me):

"Robby Gordon's reaction: The following is a statement from Robby Gordon regarding today's decision by the National Stock Car Racing Commission restoring his 100 owner and driver points as well as reversing the six-week suspension of crew chief Frank Kerr. The commission did increase the fine from $100,000 to $150,000. Gordon is now 21st in driver points. Robby Gordon: "We see this as good news. We are grateful the commissioners rescinded the points penalty and suspension but disappointed by the fine. Still, we see this as a victory for Robby Gordon Motorsports. We feel like justice was done and appreciate NASCAR creating a system that allowed us to take our appeal to the National Stock Car Racing Commission. Now we plan to put this issue behind us and concentrate on making the "Chase" in 2008 as well as getting the Jim Beam Dodge into victory lane. I want to thank the thousands of fans and our sponsors who have supported us through this episode and want everyone of you to know how much we appreciate all that you have done. Our goal is to be a model team in the future and never go through something like this again."(Robby Gordon Motorsports PR)(3-5-2008)"

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 03:53:21 PM »

Vivian, some good points there.  I'm not a Robby fan, but I've got to admire his gumption running his car against the mega teams.  You reckon Roush would kick in another 50K to get Carl's points and crew chief back?  I bet he would jump at the chance.

The whole thing just don't make any sense to me.  In my simple world, the negating the points penalty  and crew chief suspension implies innocence, yet it'll cost another 50K to make it stick.  I know 50K is only "chump change" at that level, but the entire process sends my lower bowel into to a highly agitated state.

James, you know that I favor Fords, Matt Kenseth and Roush, and frankly, if I didn't have a ton of work today, I'd waste a lot of time writing a 2 or 3 page diatribe about what I would say to Nascar and to the World if I were Jack Roush. The kind of crap going on now will push me over the edge for sure, if I let it, so,.... back to work! Grin Grin Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 05:37:49 PM »

Roush Fenway Racing has yet to decide whether to appeal the penalty, and Chris Andrews and Robbie Reiser will take over for Atlanta.

I don't think an appeal will stick, for the reasons explained to me last night in the chat.  It has to do with the position of the oil tank (if I remember it correctly) compared to that of the #64 Busch car.  Maybe you can fill me in on the exact details from last night.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 09:07:41 PM »

Whether anyone agrees or not, I will always feel Nascar is inconsistant and most of the time penalizes on who you are or who your sponsor and team owner is. 

Like Dick, that kind of crap is pushing me over the edge....I am not even excited about watching Atlanta so have just made plans for Sunday but will tape it while I am enjoying the river, redwoods and ocean
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 12:43:09 AM »

Dick, so great to hear from you.  I sure wish you weren't so busy as I'd love to "hear"/see you diatribe regarding CASHCOW'S handling of this.

Maybe I should clarify my position.  I didn't feel the initial penalty was justified considering the circumstances with the switch from Ford to Dodge in such a short time frame.  I really don't believe it was an attempt to gain an unfair advantage; but rather an honest mistake  on someone's part.  It just doesn't make any sense in my feeble mind to set aside all other penalties but increase the fine (sorry, guilty again of trying to associate CASHCOW and logic...ain't gonna happen:))

I'd really like to see CASHCOW get away from their "one penalty fits all CORN violations"; you know the 100K, 100 points, six week crew chief suspension.  I guess CASHCOW is trying to maintain separation from our judicial system where a homeless person gets 30 days for stealing a loaf of bread, but the major oil companies rob us of billions weekly and get special governmental consideration.

I know, sorry, reckon I'm toast again:(

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Vivian
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 09:05:41 PM »

I was watching truck practice at Atlanta earlier today and after the practice Jeff Hammond was talking about both Robby's and Carl's penalties and I think he gave the most unbiased and fair explanations I have heard to date although he did not understand the $$$ uppage fee.  He also explained how there is one person overseeing the commission and the other 2 are not always the same ones.

My biggest complaint is the fact that they always let the driver keep the win and to me this is the biggest bunch of crap about the whole thing.  Personally, I don't understand how anyone could feel good about keeping a win when they are found to be illegal in post race inspection. 

Like you, James, guess I'm toast, too!! Grin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: