November 24, 2017, 03:01:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robby Gordon Fine  (Read 2885 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 20, 2008, 11:07:28 PM »

Just heard on XM that NA$CAR has fined Robby 100 driver points and $100,000.  Also, $100,000 to his crew chief and the crew chief will be suspended for 6 races and placed on probation until Dec 31st. 

What a bunch of crap!  From what Claire B. Lang explained the car nose that he had on the car PRIOR to inspection was the new Charger nose which is suppose to be used by all Dodge teams by Bristol.  Apparently, they are phasing out the Avenger nose and it is nearly impossible to find the part.

Again, this is just excessive to me and I don't even like Robby!   Sad

Edit:  Oh yeah, and the nose fit the frickin template!

Cheryl
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 11:13:45 PM by Cheryl » Logged
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 12:28:05 AM »

not to be a s hi t starter on here, but dale jr was found in violations of altering nascar issued parts after practice and got a fine of 25,000 and loss of 50 points, plus the crew chief was placed on probation for the year? now tell me this guy is not the chosen one!!!!!!
robby better appeal his or take it out of nascar's hands and sue the crap out of them! 
ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 12:49:13 AM »

not to be a s hi t starter on here, but dale jr was found in violations of altering nascar issued parts after practice and got a fine of 25,000 and loss of 50 points, plus the crew chief was placed on probation for the year? now tell me this guy is not the chosen one!!!!!!
robby better appeal his or take it out of nascar's hands and sue the crap out of them! 

Never to be one to defend this driver, but that was in the Busch car and the old-style car, not the COT.  It's well-documented that NA$CAR said they would have zero tolerance for infractions involving the COT in Cup.  The more I listen to crew chiefs and fans calling into XM right now, I see this situation with Robby is a lot like when the 48 and 24 were fined, etc. at Talladega in the fall (also with things found at opening day inspection).  The only difference I see with Robby is that his nose did pass the templates.

In addition to the 5 car in Busch, there were about 6 other Busch teams/fined penalzied similar amounts to Earnhardt. 

Todd Bodine was fined and docked 25 points for something post-race with his truck Friday night too.

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 12:38:58 PM »

Actually, it was the #5 Hendrick crewed car that was fined...remember they merged their teams, and the #5 is still fielded by Hendrick.  It was not the #88 crew chiefed by Tony Eury, Sr. hat was found in violation.

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 02:05:33 PM »

Okay folks, let's focus on the Robby Gordon penalty here and not keep bringing other things into this thread please.  Here's what Robby has to say (from Jayski):

"UPDATE - appeal: Robby Gordon comments: "This was an innocent mistake made by someone not even on my team. They accidentally supplied us the new Dodge noses that NASCAR hasn't yet approved because of what amounted to a clerical error. It was discovered during technical inspection and corrected before the race. It was not even close to being an intent to create some competitive advantage, and the mistake was not even made by my team. This penalty is way out of proportion when you compare it what happened last year when a team was penalized 100 points for adding a substance to the fuel, or when a team deliberately changed the bodies of the COT. To penalize my team the same amount when we didn't even make the mistake, and the mistake was nothing more than inadvertent human error by someone else is just not fair. Other teams who have had similar issues to what happened with the nose on my car were only penalized 25 points. I hope that NASCAR can reconsider when they have all the facts. In the meantime, we have no choice but to appeal this penalty. We started the season off on a high note with a top 10 finish at Daytona and we look forward to continuing that at California and Las Vegas.(RGM PR)(2-21-2008)"

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 05:41:39 PM »

I am not optimistic about the appeal process with Robby Gordon, because he has had run-ins with NASCAR in the past, some of his own doing.  But I can completely understand why he is doing it.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 09:41:18 PM »

Maybe Nascar wants to get their bsc out of the top 35 and someone else in so they really hit hard and had to do the fine to go along with the atrocious points penalty. Huh?
Steve
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 03:04:38 AM »

According to Marty Smith on NASCAR Now, Mike Helton and John Darby both urged Robby to appeal, so we'll see where this goes.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 04:42:14 PM »

Maybe Nascar wants to get their bsc out of the top 35

BSC??    Huh?

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 05:47:22 PM »

According to Marty Smith on NASCAR Now, Mike Helton and John Darby both urged Robby to appeal, so we'll see where this goes.

Now I like his chances.  He'll probably now get his points back.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 02:36:12 AM »

robby's sponsor, Jim Beam, is launching a campaign this weekend at Cali, to show support for their driver. now that is a class act. i saw on one of the tidbit shows during the rain delay(Huh?) that the only thing wrong with the nose in question was the placement of the indentations for the grill decals!!! see what using the wrong stickers caused

ken

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 04:23:56 PM »

On XM, I also heard that Jim Beam is giving away free t-shirts to the fans at the track this weekend.  That's pretty neat!  Also, on XM Claire read the letter the marketing person from Jim Beam wrote to NA$CAR in Robby's defense. 

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 07:23:42 PM »

from jayski:

Dodge Says Mistake Led to Gordon's Penalty: Dodge officials admit a mistake led to Robby Gordon having the wrong nose on his car at Daytona and later being penalized 100 points and $100,000 for the infraction. Kipp Owen, director of Dodge Motorsports Engineering, issued a statement Friday about what happened to Gordon. "While the nose meets the template for the car of tomorrow, it has not yet been approved by NASCAR or use in racing," Owen said in a statement. "The prototype parts were in the warehouse, and share the same basic part number as the approved ... nose. It was an unfortunate series of human errors compounded by the very short time frame [Gordon's team] had to get their cars changed to Dodge Chargers in time for the Daytona 500. Dodge has taken the appropriate steps in the warehouse to make sure that prototype parts can not be mistaken for approved parts in the future and hopes that the circumstances surrounding this error are considered."(Roanoke Times)(2-23-2008)

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 08:22:15 PM »

I think they may have mentioned this on TV yesterday, but I also heard on XM Friday night that the new Charger nose piece had the extension of "-A" on the part number from the Avenger nose that they were suppose to be running.

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 09:53:29 PM »

from the rule book. the approved nose is the charger nose. not the avenger nose. wont that make for an interesting week for nascar

ken

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: