November 17, 2017, 10:18:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Extra coverage by ABC O&Os?  (Read 447 times)
Steve
Wiley Veteran

« on: February 18, 2008, 11:57:37 PM »

Here in Chicago, we have an ABC O&O (Owned and Operated) station, WLS, and I noticed that this year, there has been an increased amount of NASCAR coverage. In the past, there would just be minor, quick mentions without so much as video being shown, but this year, we've had a NASCAR update pretty much every day of Speedweeks, even for happenings you wouldn't normally hear about on a local newscast up north. I wonder if, as a part of its new dedication to NASCAR, ABC corporate is giving its O&Os a directive to cover more NASCAR.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 06:11:31 PM »

That's great to hear, Steve.  Maybe now we'll get all the NASCAR Countdown shows on ABC7 here in L.A. (KABC).  Last year, we were pre-empted five times, four times for news and once for children's programming.  But we won't know that until this coming September.

I can't comment on news content here, since I don't see local news from any station.  But the race here is this weekend.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: