November 20, 2017, 06:32:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NASCAR begins campaign that targets core fan base  (Read 494 times)
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« on: February 20, 2008, 01:21:20 PM »

Read it for yourself.

I read it and read it and read it and came away thinking - they still don't get it. They STILL think that a few fancy commercials and some different music at the track will solve the problem....

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/cup/02/19/nascar.marketing.campaign/index.html

Ludicrous

Lou

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 01:32:20 PM »

BF still will never admit what "connects the fans to the sport" is great racing!  Something we've seen less and less of every year since he took over.  To me, it's not really a complaint about expanding into new markets as much as it is taking races away from tracks where there was hot and heavy competition to places like TX, CA, KC, and Chicago where there is NO exciting racing.

Didn't they learn their lessons with those horrible "how bad have you got it" commercials a few years ago?  Spending money on commercials is not going to fool the fans; we're not as easily snowed as BF thinks we will be.  Get rid of the Chase and the Lucky Dog and come back to Darlington on Labor Day and the fans might be convinced he really cares.

"My" NASCAR has been eroding ever since about 1997 (when TX and NH stole dates from NW) and continues to erode a little bit more every year since BF took the reigns and his first act was that stupid charity pass!

Cheryl
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 06:38:30 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 05:55:37 PM »

This is obviously a last-ditch effort to save face.  But this is more about talk than action.  Will NASCAR gain back any fans this way?  Or even get any new ones?  I doubt it too.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: