April 21, 2018, 01:02:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LIVE from Daytona  (Read 453 times)
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« on: February 15, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »

sorry i could not make chat this week gang. obviously lots of things going on here. well qualifying is over.  matt starts 7th and shelby rolls off 20th. no big surprises here, both trucks were guaranteed starters and only one truck went home. i get the feeling nascar is not real thrilled with the low car count.
the weather is typical florida, every afternoon looks line rain, depends on which side of the state you are on.

this is the first time to be in this position for a major event so it is pretty cool. (although the novelty wore off once the hauler was unlocked!!!) it's not like the first time i went to indy, but it rates up there with it yes, lou, i do realize that this was posted at 330am but i am too worked up to sleep

catch you all later
ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 05:47:54 PM »

Good luck to Matt and Shelby tonight!  Maybe we'll see our Ken in victory lane!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 09:38:44 PM »

Ken, enjoy and make many memories.  They last forever, even if the racing doesn't.

Stay safe.
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 02:28:53 AM »

well, kids the fun lasted until an unmentioned cup driver took it upon himself to drive like an a s s for most of the race and made a short night, on the track anyway. matt is a very quiet and laid back guy, last night there were combinations of words from him even i was amazed to hear. shelby had a good run almost go bad. when asked on the radio if he was ok, he replied, ' i think i pissed myself"
he would have probably had a better finish, but the girl in the pink truck was knocked around like a ping pong ball and everyone around her, thought it best to stay out of her way before they tore up some more trucks.
my venture was a fun one and one i will not forget for a long time... now it's back to the small budget race shop to get the cars ready for the new season!!!!!

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: