January 17, 2018, 11:08:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes to Busch Series in 2009  (Read 338 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 08, 2008, 05:17:06 PM »

From an article at Yahoo Sports by Bob Margolis:

"NASCAR's Vice President of Competition Robin Pemberton told me that the process of converting the current Nationwide Series race cars into their own version of the CoT, beginning in 2009, is right on schedule.

"The two cars (Cup and Nationwide) are very similar, making it easier for drivers to move up (from the Nationwide Series). But, there will be enough differences between the two that you just can't take the set up from one and put it on the other at any given race track."

Pemberton also told me that the original idea of having the body styles on the Nationwide cars resemble each manufacturer's muscle cars has evolved.

While Dodge will move forward with plans to use the new retro-look Challenger for their body, Ford will drop the planned use of the Mustang body in favor of a re-introduced Taurus model.

Chevrolet will drop its original plan to use the new retro-look Camaro and instead use the Impala SS, which is used in the Sprint Cup Series, for its body style. Toyota, which does not have a car in the muscle car category, will use the Camry.

Regardless of the model used, the Nationwide cars will look somewhat different and a bit sportier than their Cup counterparts, Pemberton added. And instead of a gradual rollout of the new model in 2009, NASCAR officials expect the change to happen all at once, but not by the season opener in 2009, but more than likely later a couple of months later."

That's a shame about the Mustang and Camaro...

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 04:25:13 PM »

I dunno, Cheryl. Because they would not be based on production cars anyhow, I don't care much what they call them. laugh

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: