November 24, 2017, 08:07:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An opposing view?  (Read 1243 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: August 06, 2004, 03:49:30 PM »

Rudy Martzke has written this article for today's USA Today which seems to be in disagreement with just about everyone in this forum.

The summary: He feels his ideal team would be a combination of the Fox/FX booth and the NBC/TNT pit reporters.

What do you think, guys and girls?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 05:25:59 PM »

Des, May I call you that?  The link did not work.  I will try to go to USA and find it and  get back to you.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 06:57:00 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Rudy Martzke has written this article for today's USA Today which seems to be in disagreement with just about everyone in this forum.

The summary: He feels his ideal team would be a combination of the Fox/FX booth and the NBC/TNT pit reporters.

What do you think, guys and girls?

I saw this article this morning and obviously I don't agree with the author.  I also thought the comments by the Fox executive were kind of catty "we'll let the fans' opinons speak for themselves."  I think he doesn't realize that the viewers who don't like the Fox approach aren't the ones writing them all the time.  I think he needs to let the ratings "speak for themselves."   :lol:

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 08:44:10 PM »

Had to go to Jayski to use the link to read that and let me tell you, that guy is nuts.  I don't care what Fox says, they are not polling all the fans nor is the guy who wrote the article.  DW is their biggest detriment, imo.
Okay, calm me down.  I guess really that it depends on whether you like bs or something better.  I couldn't even find a place to email him telling him what I think of his article.   :x
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 03:59:55 PM »

i read that same article and let me tell you i am a rudy fan and that fox guy is flat lying though his teeth to him. i don't know what fans he is talking about   but  their not real fans.
sally
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 05:23:01 PM »

It seems that someone at Fox isn't paying attention to the ratings, are they?  But then, like Nascar, I'm sure they will attribute the bump in ratings since NBC/TNT took over as an effect of their obnoxious "crapshoot".

All the media is blathering about how much press Nascar is getting...but how much of it is actually about RACING?  I see rules SNAFU's, rule changes, bottle wars...but how much has to do with actual racing?  Very little.  It seems the attitude I expect from Fox...they will do what they choose, and listen to only those they choose.  Like Brian France, ya know?
Sally
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 03:47:12 PM »

that's what i call being tone deaf sally!
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 05:07:20 PM »

Sally, you are right.  All the talk is about the rules, snafus and penalities.  None about the competition on the track.  But then I guess that is what makes good copy.   :?   Competitin is now passe for writing about maybe.

BTW, Staci, did you watch Wind Tunnel last night?  Dave mentioned your Cosmo article and the word for Nascar was "Trendy".  

Oh, I miss good old Nascar racing and people like Junior Johnson (also on Wind Tunnel last night).   Sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: