November 18, 2017, 11:21:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rolex start on tape delay on West Coast?  (Read 702 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: January 25, 2008, 07:52:51 PM »

I cannot believe what I just stumbled on when I looked at my DirecTV program guide.

It shows that the first 90 minutes of the Rolex 24 at Daytona tomorrow will not be seen on my local affiliate, KTTV in Los Angeles, until 2 p.m. - a four-hour delay!  In contrast, last year it was shown live at 10 a.m.  Why would KTTV change this all of a sudden?  Now, the broadcast doesn't make any sense out here as it is out of order. Angry

Vivian, are you also scheduled to get tape delay coverage?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »

Des, I think my coverage starts at 11am or 11:30am our time.  Then moves to Speed later.  Don't know how long the prerace show will be. 
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 12:27:56 AM »

Viv, I have been corrected.  KTTV will show the start of the race live.  I found out through the station's website, MyFoxLA.

http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/pages/InsideFox/TVSchedule?pageId=5.9

The DirecTV program guide was in error for some reason.

As for the race, it is to begin at about 1:30 ET/10:30 AM PT, according to the Grand-Am site, so there will be a short pre-race show.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 07:43:53 PM »

Unfortunately, DirecTV proved to be right.  It is now 10:40 a.m. and Fox 11 in L.A. is showing cartoons instead of the race.

I am following the race now through the Internet on www.grandamerican.com until SPEED comes on at 11:30 a.m. PT.

I cannot emphasize how disappointed I am.  Remember that last night, Fox 11 showed this same portion live.  For the life of me, I cannot figure out why it changed from year to year on the same station, and "for the worse" at that.

I could e-mail Fox 11, but I'm afraid that they will give me a boilerplate answer about kid's programming and E/I.  My only conclusion is that a new general manager has been installed who thinks that maybe the program is more of an infomercial and can be shown on tape after the cartoons.  (Remember that SPEED bought the airtime for the Fox network.)

Vivian
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 11:02:00 PM »

Not sure what lap they started my broadcast on but only got 30 minutes on Fox.  NBD to me
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 06:38:15 PM »

Not sure what lap they started my broadcast on but only got 30 minutes on Fox.  NBD to me

I think it's because you watched a Mountain time zone feed.  You have said in the past that you get the Denver stations as well as the ones in Medford, OR.

Vivian
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 09:35:43 PM »

I only get Medford now.  They won't let me have both since local is available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: