November 20, 2017, 06:54:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: INC Canceled  (Read 648 times)
shawn
Legend

« on: January 27, 2008, 02:36:25 AM »

Daly Planet has an article up saying INC has been canceled.

http://tinyurl.com/ytnamu

Even though I didn't watch it every week over the last two years, this bums me out.  I really enjoyed watching it when AB, Kenny, JB and Michael (before his product schilling got old) were all on together.     

super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 06:07:08 PM »

this show lost it's fun when alan was replaced with dave depsain. i will miss kenny giving mikey a hard time every week. things come and go. hell not every show has the lifeline of daytime soaps and the simpsons.

maybe we can syndicate our own online show. tape and post it ion youtube every week and see what we come up with!!!! (just cant use images from NASCAR without written consent)

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
sally
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 08:39:14 PM »

Yes, replacing Allan with Despain was the kiss of death.  It used to be a lot of fun, with a few real insights thrown in.  With Despain and the revolving guests, it never quite decided what it should be.  Too bad.

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 01:30:23 PM »

If this is true, John Daly got his wish.  He has certainly been campaigning to have it cancelled for the last year.

Like others, I'm conflicted about this news.  Back in the old Speedvision days, this was the only weekly show I watched.  Not just a racing show, but the only show of any kind (back when I was boycoting network TV).

Things began declining immediately when Fox bought out Speedvision.  From that time on, the show was innundated with way too many commercials.  Then when that new president of SPEED (Hunter Nickel or one of those guys) took over and fired Allen and Johnny, it was never quite the same.  Despain making it clear he didn't really want to be there and the fact Waltrip got more and more self-absorbed, made it a lot less enjoyable.  It got to the point in the last 3 years that I didn't care if I watched it or not (and almost never live).  Yet in the old days, I was glued to the TV on Monday nights.  We've only seen small glipses of the great humor we used to see.  Ken Scrader still had it at times, but mostly it was just him making faces at the ridiculous things Walrip said.  I really enjoyed Greg Biffle last year too.

If it is gone, I can't imagine what SPEED will be replacing it with - more Pinks or more argumentative shows with NA$CAR shills?  Ugh...

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 05:58:06 PM »

My guess for the Monday night slot is more lifestyle shows.  SPEED has already announced a couple of new shows in that genre.  Don't remember the titles right now.

I'll miss the show.  I don't know why SPEED made no effort to revamp the panelists and get a new host before cancelling it outright.  Steve Byrnes would have been my pick as host.

UPDATE: SPEED is promising a "new and revised" show, so I guess it will be NASCAR-related in some way.  But it could be lifestyle in some way.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 06:35:46 PM by Desmond » Logged

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 11:16:35 PM »

The old days were better, for sure.  I missed Allan and Johhny but was warming to Greg quite a bit when they would let him speak freely.  IMO, Mikey continued to run the show and Dave admitted it was Mike's show several times, but Dave did try to stay on topic.  I did not watch regularily like I used to when AB was still there, but I did tape and sometimes would watch.

One trend I have noticed is that not only Nascar, but Speed prefers to attract the "casual fan" as opposed to keeping us "old timers" around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: