November 21, 2017, 05:36:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TV Times Released  (Read 546 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 24, 2008, 02:25:12 AM »

Here's a  link to the page with a chart (about halfway down) for the start times of the 2008 Cup races:

http://www.jayski.com/pages/2008cup_sched.htm

Cheryl
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 07:34:48 PM »

I actually went to the schedule on NOL so I could have something I could print out and found some interesting things.  TNT will have a 90 minute pre-race show every week, ESPN will have an hour pre-race show and, as usual, Fox does not distinguish between their pre-race show and the actual race broadcast.  If you look at the column for "radio" in this chart, you'll get a better idea when the actual races are starting during the Fox portion of the season.  It's quite telling that radio doesn't even come on the air sometimes until 4:00 eastern:

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2008/data/schedule.html

As I said last night in the chat, I don't find racing starting at 2:00 much of an improvement.  It still makes their ending times so late they interfere with people's supper times on Sundays.  1:00 works so much better for a lot of folks.  And don't even get me started on the how damn late the Daytona is starting AGAIN!  MRN isn't even coming on the air until 3:20 p.m.  Jeesh, that's just absurd! Roll Eyes

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 11:24:39 PM »

When I read that this year 18 races will start at 2 PM instead of the 15 last year, I thought it was perfect.  Three measley races earlier...sort of?  YEAH!  Let's go back to the basics big tim.  Lip service.

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 07:57:02 PM »

I had forgotten that there had been 15 races scheduled for 2 pm ET last year.  The way NASCAR spun it, the schedule this year was a marked improvement.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: