November 19, 2017, 01:30:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Races on ESPN Classic  (Read 474 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 07, 2008, 01:53:24 PM »

From Jayski:

"ESPN Classic Televising Six Classic Daytona 500 Races; Viewers Can Choose Favorite: In advance of the 50th running of the Daytona 500 on Feb. 17, ESPN Classic will be televising six of the best Daytona 500 races of all time every Monday at 2:00pm/et starting Jan. 7th.  During the period, ESPN.com's NASCAR page will feature a poll where viewers can log on to choose their favorite Daytona 500 from the six. Then, on Saturday night, Feb. 16, the night before the 2008 version of NASCARís biggest race, ESPN Classic will show the top five races as chosen by the fans in their order of preference, starting at 10pm/et."

What always has bugged me about these races on ESPN Classic, they tell you who won at the beginning.  On the really old ones that I never saw, I'd like to NOT know the winner.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 08:31:22 PM »

This is interesting.  I just tuned in once I read the post and I find that DirecTV has listed the program as "1982: Purdue @ Michigan State."  This must have been a very last-minute thing.

By the way, the main announcer is Bill Fleming, a very versatile broadcaster at ABC who died in 2007.  He, Jim McKay, Howard Cosell, Al Michaels and Jim Lampley were the "dream team" of TV sports in the 1970s and '80s, and the brilliant executive Roone Arledge assembled it.  (Of course, the label is my opinion, but all the guys were talented.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 08:35:48 PM by Desmond » Logged

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: