November 19, 2017, 04:07:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truck Series Awards  (Read 673 times)
Vivian
« on: December 12, 2007, 01:39:53 AM »

Surprised no one mentioned this.  I watched the awards show on Friday night and have noticed they have shown several replays since.  Anyone else watch?

It was a good show with good entertainment at the Hollywood Hard Rock Hotel in Florida.  Rick Allen and Krista Voda hosted.  They were sitting in easy chairs and the recipient came up and was able to sit for a minute.  The interviews were good and no one but the winner made a really big speech.  Even when Mike Helton gave Ron and his wife their jewelry, he joked around and talked for a minute.  Very unlike BF at the cup awards.

I think the cup show producers should take a lesson from this.  Their banquet could be more fun and worth watching if they used the same format.

sally
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 01:55:30 AM »

The truckseries banquet was not only a lot more fun, but they even managedto find a comic that was funny!  The drivers crtainly looked likethey were having a LOT more fun than the Cup guys.

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 01:49:17 PM »

Sorry, didn't watch it.  Didn't plan to watch any of the awards.  Just happened to catch the end of the Busch banquet last night while flipping channels during commercials and watched bits and pieces of that.  Was nice to see Allen Bestwick hosting, but it always makes me sad to know how he got screwed by the networks.  I  really saw no reason to have that Shannon "whatshername" there acting in a sort of Ed McMahn/Vanna White role.  She added absolutely nothing IMHO, other than asking clearly scripted questions. 

Don't know what the show was like in it's first airing, but this version was heavily edited to condense it.  Way too much todo about RCR winning "owners championship" IMHO.  They had an entire second head table for them and everyone (even Carl) made a big deal out of congratulating them.  What a farce IMHO...

While I didn't like Carl winning the Busch championship, I loved his natural sounding and sincere speech. 

Unfortuantely, they insisted on having some horrible singer/group I'd never heard of perform.  When I heard they were "coming up," I made sure and went back to the Hank Williams, Jr. tribute I was watching on the other channel to hear some real music.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 08:23:43 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 08:22:01 PM »

I missed the entire Busch banquet and therefore cannot comment.  As for the truck awards, I skipped the entertainment and watched only the awards.  The speeches seemed so much more real than they were at the NEXTEL Cup show, as I had thought.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: