November 20, 2017, 10:01:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Working" on Improving Ratings  (Read 995 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: November 29, 2007, 01:51:40 PM »

When asked about the decline in TV ratings, Mike Helton touted the current company line (alibi):

"In today's world, with all of the different opportunities and ways to get information on NASCAR - also with the NFL or Major League Baseball or any other sport - there is talk or at least conversation around maybe the way we have been measuring TV audiences isn't as fair as it used to be. But in the meantime, that's the measuring stick we use. ... If [ratings are] going the wrong way, then you can find a lot of reasons to say it is, but what are you gonna do to turn them back around is the big deal. And that's what we're working on, a lot."

That last statement does have me wondering exactly what part NA$CAR is going to play in turning TV ratings around.

These statements are part a sort of State of the Sport speech from this article by Kris Johnson at the Scene Daily:

http://www.scenedaily.com/stories/2007/11/26/scene_daily20.html

Cheryl

« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 01:10:26 PM by Cheryl » Logged
sally
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 12:48:05 PM »

I read that ESPN was given an award for marketing at the Myers brothers Luncheon yesterday.  This to the network that is airing the live banquet broadcast on a channel (ESPNC) that many don't get on their cable anymore.

Yeah, Nascar is worried about making things better.  If what ESPN/ABC gave us was worthy of an award......

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 07:14:45 PM »

This to the network that is airing the live banquet broadcast on a channel (ESPNC) that many don't get on their cable anymore.

The good news was that things were so neatly organized that the telecast ended in just under three hours.  The bad news is that the invocation (and perhaps the anthem) wasn't even shown!  This is the same people that insist on all the pre-race ceremonies be put on TV.  But the banquet is different for some reason... Huh?

Also, the constant reminders of the arrests of four people for the murder of Sean Taylor - through the ESPNC BottomLine - was simply jarring.  An unfortunate coincidence of timing. Cry

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 10:04:24 PM »

I don't have a link to it, but I read another article where Brian blamed low ratings on Jr and his poor performance. 

Personally, I think it is the overall poor performance of the running of the Nascar world.
shawn
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 12:30:58 AM »

I don't have a link to it, but I read another article where Brian blamed low ratings on Jr and his poor performance. 

Here is the link: http://tinyurl.com/yujqz7

The wording of it almost makes me think that this is a spoof, but I could be completely wrong.

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 10:58:11 PM »

Nope, Shawn, it looks legitimate to me.

Brian France has decided on the trite cliche of storylines and comparisons to other sports.  Jimmie Johnson is just like Tom Brady?  Geez..... Roll Eyes

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 03:56:27 PM »

Brian France has decided on the trite cliche of storylines and comparisons to other sports.  Jimmie Johnson is just like Tom Brady?  Geez..... Roll Eyes

No, Tom Brady is much better looking...  Wink

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: