November 21, 2017, 11:12:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What do you think about the movie ESPN is making about The Intimidator?  (Voting closed: March 03, 2004, 02:00:21 AM)
Might be interesting - 4 (66.7%)
I will watch it for sure - 0 (0%)
I will not watch it since it may not be based totally on fact - 0 (0%)
I think ESPN has gone too far by doing this - 0 (0%)
No opinion one way or another - 2 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Movie on Earnhardt Poll  (Read 1248 times)
Vivian
« on: March 03, 2004, 02:00:21 AM »

Read an interesting article on a link at Jayski today about some fans being concerned over the movie "3" that ESPN is going to do.  Just wondered what some of you think about it.  From what Jr said in one of his interviews he is not involved in it at all nor is his family.  I don't know if they granted permission for the movie or not.  I would think they would have to but not sure about that.  Does anyone know?
sally
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 03:33:17 AM »

Vivian, from what I read, DEI and the Darnhardt family have nothing at all to do with the movie.  Doesn't sound too smart to me.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 03:38:36 PM »

I think it sounds like an interesting idea.  I'll be curious to see how well ESPN does on it.  I'm glad it's them getting first dibs on this rather than Fox.  Can you imagine what kind of a soap opera they would turn it into?  

This hasn't been the first time that biography has been made without the family's permission.  To me, that's no big deal.

I read on Jayski that they've selected actor, Barry Pepper, to play the role.  I've seen him in a few things lately and I think he's an excellent choice.  He doesn't look exactly like Dale, but a bit like Jr.  He's got very gaunt cheekbones and is pretty intense, so he should do a good job with a young Earnhardt with a "lean and hungry look".  He's a Canadian, so it will be interesting to see how he does with a southern accent.  

He was very impressive in We Were Soldiers and 25th Hour.  

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: