November 21, 2017, 11:51:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homestead Race  (Read 575 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: November 19, 2007, 04:09:17 PM »

Until Hamlin and Busch challenged Kenseth for the lead a bit near the end, I felt like this had to be one of the most boring season finales that I could ever remember.  This track will never provide the great finales we used to see at Atlanta.   Angry

Here's Matt McLaughlin's take on the race:

http://www.frontstretch.com/mmclaughlin/13592/

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:32:19 PM »

I agree that this race left a lot to be desired.  It was just waiting to see the ending; the only excitement would have come from a major catastrophic failure to Jimmie Johnson.

If you think the quality of racing is bad enough, imagine how bad the racing was before progressive banking came to Homestead.  It was so flat you could run track meets on it.  In fact, it was just a small-scale clone of Indianapolis when it opened.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 10:07:58 PM »

I kept looking for the 76 Trombones, but they seemed to have lost interest in leading the parade.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 01:24:24 PM »

If you think the quality of racing is bad enough, imagine how bad the racing was before progressive banking came to Homestead. 

I don't have to imagine - I remember all the races from there...They've all been extremely unmemorable in my book, changes to the banking or not.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 05:44:07 PM »

Still, I feel the quality of racing is better now.  Certainly the 2005 ending - Greg Biffle narrowly over Mark Martin - would not have happened at the "old" Homestead.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 06:41:54 PM »

I kept looking for the 76 Trombones, but they seemed to have lost interest in leading the parade.

Good one, Vivian.  Grin Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: