November 18, 2017, 01:57:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About ward burton and the 4 car.  (Read 621 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: November 14, 2007, 04:16:22 PM »

Hi everyone i seen this mentioned on another message board. Ward burton lost his ride and todd bodine will be in the 4 car this weekend for homestead.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 04:25:45 PM »

Yeah, I saw that on Jayski yesterday.  It's a shame, but I don't think Todd is going to do any better with the equipment Morgan-McClure has these days.  It's a shame too for a team that has won the Daytona 500 three times in the past.  The thing on Jayski said they were hoping Todd could give them some feedback on the car.  IMHO, he'll simply be able to confirm that it sucks...

Cheryl
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 05:17:37 PM »

What would the 4 team have to do to become competitive again would they have to go to at least a 2 car team?

Also wouldn't they have to get in a better financial situation than they are in now?
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 05:26:48 PM »

Bryan, welcome back! Smiley

It is a shame that Morgan-McClure won't let Ward Burton try to make the last race of the season.  He has stuck with the team the entire season as it has struggled to qualify against teams with much more money. Sad

M-McC does has the #04 reserved by NASCAR for a possible second team, but it barely has sponsorship for one team right now, and I'm afraid that this will not change.  But its fortunes could improve with an alliance with Hendrick or even Earnhardt-Childress engines.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 07:16:59 PM »

From a brief tidbit that I heard on XM radio yesterday, Ward and the McClure team both agreed to make this move to see if Todd could provide an outsider opinion on the team status and equipment. It did not sound like Ward was just canned, it sounded like a mature, mutual, professional decision to help a team figure things out. Not sure what it means for Ward's or the teams future together however.

Lou

Vivian
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 09:19:42 PM »

Not being a top $$$ team with top notch equipment and manpower, I don't expect to see much improvement, if any.
shawn
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 12:54:39 AM »

I don't expect Todd to do anything better, nothing personal against him.  the 4 team needs more $$, or has to associate themselves with a competitive team if they want to be anything other than a back marker.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: