November 24, 2017, 02:05:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Behind the Scenes at Inside Nextel Cup  (Read 1174 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: August 02, 2004, 01:18:46 PM »

Here's a great article about one of our favorite shows:

http://insiderracingnews.com/JS/080204.html

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 04:12:45 PM »

Cheryl, that was a great article.  I can just imagine how she felt.  What a privilege for her.  Thank you for sharing it with us.  Kind of helps me more understand about how hard they work to give us a broadcast of any kind.  Maybe I will be more tolerant of future race broadcasts?!  Not...
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 05:36:33 PM »

My schedule just doesn't let me see this show as much as I would like. Ilike Allen, Schrader and Johnny. I'm really getting tired of Mikey. Herman is, well, Herman! Cheesy
 Great article.
See ya.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 05:50:24 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
My schedule just doesn't let me see this show as much as I would like. Ilike Allen, Schrader and Johnny. I'm really getting tired of Mikey. Herman is, well, Herman! Cheesy
 Great article.
See ya.

Hey Dick!

Did you know they are rebroadcasting the audio of this show and a lot of other Speed shows on XM now?  Lou and I actually listened to Pit Bull, Trackside, and NASCAR Performance before the race yesterday on XM driving home from your home state.  You're from Ohio, if my memory is not failing me, right?  

All I can say is you folks out there know how to support your local track.  We heard there were over 13,000 fans at Mansfield for the Hooters race Saturday night.  And that was with it looking like rain up until about qualifying time (4:30) on Saturday.  

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 10:20:48 PM »

Good deal on the Mansfield track attendance.
My problem with the XM is that I don't have a good place to use it at home, except in an inconvenient portion of the house. So, I use it mainly in the truck. Good idea to listen to the rebroadcasts. I still love the XM.
Dick

William James
sally
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2004, 03:24:35 AM »

Mikey really had his nose stuck up Nascar's b--- tonight with his lecture on how wonderful the crapshoot is.  Guess he wants to be sure he gets thru inspection quickly for the rest of the year.
Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 12:21:19 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
Mikey really had his nose stuck up Nascar's b--- tonight with his lecture on how wonderful the crapshoot is.  Guess he wants to be sure he gets thru inspection quickly for the rest of the year.
Sally

Yeah, I noticed the same thing.  He was really annoying last night.  I said to Lou maybe he's looking for the "special suck-up dispensation" to get into the Chase.  Knowing Baby Brian and the way he likes to make up rules as he goes along, I wouldn't be surprised if he comes up with something like that in September.  Or else, a special "vote" by the fans on who gets in.  

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 05:02:52 PM »

I did get to see the show this week, but after Mikey's rant about the chase, I turned it off. Idid like when Mikey went on about how he likes Coke and poweraide, kenny said that he likes bud and Bud Light! :lol:
Mikey really is irritating me these days.

William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2004, 06:00:58 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
I did like when Mikey went on about how he likes Coke and poweraide, kenny said that he likes bud and Bud Light! :lol:

That was the best part of the show!  Ya gotta love Ken Schrader!  He's not politically correct and isn't even being paid to endorse Budweiser anymore.   :lol:

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 08:43:15 PM »

I laughed at what Kenny said also.  He is cool in my book.  On Mikey, I had to relate his remark about maybe having someone visit so they could see what went on around there to the article Cheryl posted the link to.  He was not there for that guest and he seemed to wanting to get in on the action.  Agree?  I told Don I didn't think he could get much farther up Nascar's a$$ when he was praising the crapshoot.  Especially when he said everyone would make more money.  What a joke!   :roll:
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2004, 12:36:01 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
I laughed at what Kenny said also.  He is cool in my book.  On Mikey, I had to relate his remark about maybe having someone visit so they could see what went on around there to the article Cheryl posted the link to.  He was not there for that guest and he seemed to wanting to get in on the action.  Agree?  I told Don I didn't think he could get much farther up Nascar's a$$ when he was praising the crapshoot.  Especially when he said everyone would make more money.  What a joke!   :roll:

Yes, I noticed that too about him not realizing they'd had a visitor to the show just last week.  As usual, he is clueless about anything that does involve him.

The thing about the money is why I stopped liking Michael about 5 years ago.  He seems to only care about sucking up to Goodyear, NASCAR, or his sponsors.  It's like money is ALL that he thinks about anymore.  Again, he is clueless that most of the fans will be missing out with a manufactured championship.  And he's so confident in his sponsors, he really can't see how many other teams will be hurt by the way TV covers it and if their sponsors refuse to pay if they don't make the Chase next year.  I'm still holding out that it will be a dismal failure and they'll switch back next year, but I know I'm just fooling myself. :roll:

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: